Recomendation on sprocket chain set brand

davenu

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi looking for advice on what type of sprocket chain set to buy looking for a good quality set thinking of getting 17 32 instead of running the 17 34 stock I see some on ebay for 100$ but not sure if its any good. My bike shop says about 2 hours labor to do the job is that about right? Bike is 83 xs650

I use Sunstar sprockets when I can. Normally Parts Unlimited (made by DID, Tsubaki, or EK, depending on size) or EK chain, depending on the price I can find on one of those chains in the size I'm looking for.
There are other good brands too. When it comes to dynamic, wearable parts such as chains, sprockets, brakes, and clutches, if the company that makes it does not road race, it does not go on my bike.

I use Sunstar sprockets when I can. Normally Parts Unlimited (made by DID, Tsubaki, or EK, depending on size) or EK chain, depending on the price I can find on one of those chains in the size I'm looking for.
There are other good brands too. When it comes to dynamic, wearable parts such as chains, sprockets, brakes, and clutches, if the company that makes it does not road race, it does not go on my bike.

Back