recommendation for single ST front brake hose 1983 XS650 Heritage Special

There are a couple factors you'll need to take into account. First is the length. I run lower Euro bars on my bike and have found a 90cm (about 35.4") line length to be perfect. If you are retaining the original buckhorn bars, you'll need a longer line and will have to measure. An easy way to do this is to pull a strand of wire about 4 foot long out of some house wiring. This single wire can be routed and bent just the way you want it, then measured. The brake lines are usually available in 10cm increments.

The second thing you'll need to consider is how the ends on the line are oriented to one another. If you're retaining the stock MC where the line connects at the end, line ends oriented 90° to one another works best. If you've replaced your MC with one that has the line connected to the front, then line ends in the same plane or parallel to one another works well.

Cheap lines are available from eBay (less than $10) but unfortunately, pretty much all I've seen (and purchased) have the line ends parallel to one another. But, looking at pictures of the buckhorn bars, I see they point the end of the MC almost forward, so this type of line may work fine.

Back