Royal Enfield 350 Classic

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
You know this is a bike I never really took very seriously, but take a quick look at this video, it has no dialog. Just a guy riding an RE 350 Classic. It sounds great in my opinion and looks like a BSA single ( to me at least 😄 ). I think it looks like it would be a hoot for a little run around bike.

Sweet!! Love the sound of a thumper. Course, I own two (one of which actually runs :rolleyes:), so I might be a bit biased.
For just an in town runaround and country lane fun bike, it looks like a winner to me.

An ol' style thumper with a modern engine... that's affordable... what's not to like?
thumbsup.gif

A good friend has two of these, in the military green kit, one for him and one for his wife. Great little run-around bikes, but they've since moved out to the country and they never get ridden. We have been chatting about what they're worth to him, but I really do not need another bike and he would prefer to sell them both at once.

Wish I had the garage space for one. I looked at the Interceptor before I found a 22 left over stock Bonneville T100 that was just a couple K more then bit on it during a dealer sale/factory incentive.
I wish they made an updated version of the Bullet 500.
Stuart Fillingham and Darcy and the old man are 2 Youtube channels that has well done reviews on them.

A good friend has two of these, in the military green kit, one for him and one for his wife. Great little run-around bikes, but they've since moved out to the country and they never get ridden. We have been chatting about what they're worth to him, but I really do not need another bike and he would prefer to sell them both at once.
Your friends, do they live out in the country, as on the prairie, or in the hills? I could see where having a small bike on the flatlands with nothing but straight roads would be maddening.

Last edited:
I think I'd opt for the 500 but I can see the appeal having owned BSA singles in my youth, and putting one together as a vintage track bike now in my dotage :lmao:
Something about simple easy to work on bikes that perhaps require occasional tinkering but don't require sophisticated or expensive tools or equipment.
While you can't with the 441 or 500 BSA singles, the 250 you can do a complete top end overhaul, head, cylinder, piston, with the engine bolted in the frame.

It's a nice little bike. Folk reporting on them tend to say, great bike as long as you feel you can live with 23 bhp. As @nj1639 said, fast enough for some places. Not in the market as hoping the 2002 Bullet will fulfil that rôle.

Must be Austria? Great countryside, no traffic. Dunno what was going on with the index fingers - I've heard some people like to keep a finger covering the brake but clutch as well? It's not a 2-stroke! Maybe he broke them both and inside those gloves there's splints . . .

Freddy Dobbs had a loan one and did some decent videos using it; this is just the pick up:
It's clear he likes it. After one hour on the bike, he suddenly realised that he didn't need anymore power. The bike delivers a just delightful 1950's riding experience and Freddy has fallen in love.

Haven't watched any other Freddy Dobbs videos so it might be that he is always like that. But I felt that the bike managed to adjust his expectations to match what it does. That's quite a trick . . .

It's clear he likes it. After one hour on the bike, he suddenly realised that he didn't need anymore power. The bike delivers a just delightful 1950's riding experience and Freddy has fallen in love.

Haven't watched any other Freddy Dobbs videos so it might be that he is always like that. But I felt that the bike managed to adjust his expectations to match what it does. That's quite a trick . . .
Fred has a good YouTube channel. And is a ‘normal’ guy giving un-sponsored genuine reviews. He puts in the miles too. Worth a look.

Last edited:
Fred has a good YouTube channel. And is a ‘normal’ guy giving un-sponsored genuine reviews. He puts in the miles too. Worth a look.
Yes. I’ve watched a few of his vids and enjoyed them. I really need to do less YouTube and more wrenching & riding.

Back