SR 500

They do have a cult following. Not on the scale of our XS' but they do have their faithful. There's a facebook page for 'em. :shrug:

There is a decent forum for them. I’ve been watching for one for a little while. As Jim says, it’s not as strong as the xs following but there are good resources out there.

Got a local buddy with one that's all rumpity rump, it was a California hotrod back in the day. He aged out of prodding it to life.

prodding it to life
bursted my bubble

Edit: forgot kickstart only - I'm ok with RD's; easy start, no stalling at lights - I then remembered those motors, not only do they have some compression and a looong kicker throw, the drill includes an actual sight window atop right cam cover to get it at TDC for an attempt. Yea, horrible vision of me in traffic - stalled @ light

Last edited:
I had one back in the day, didn't keep it long. Just not enough oomph for me as a street bike.

Traded it for a Honda XL500 street/trail. MUCH better match, had a blast in the piney woods of NW Florida with that one!

Sr500 is French for kick azz fun. For every $ you put in it.. you'll get back $$ in grinny bucks. I've had a couple.... one of those " should have kept it "..rides. Great bike for the twisty .... wave at the farmers... find that perfect cup of coffee and pie at a greasy spoon.... 😎

Back