Free - Start of a pass it forward thread

Looking for a kickstarter, shifter and any tci/reg/rec parts for an 82. Also need the alan bolts for the rider's left side cover. I have a complete 72 triple tree and some stock shocks to a good home.
Cheers!

I think I have the allen bolts you need. Let me check.
You mean the engine left cover, right?
If so:
DSCN0147_zps7f8637c4.jpg

So, got to admit, I'm pretty darn proud of this thread. I know its helped out alot of people. I'll be at Barber this Saturday so if anyone needs any parts I've got listed just let me know and I'll bring them down. My grandfather will be driving a car so size isn't an issue on parts.

Still have handlebars, tank, exhaust, speedo piece on the wheel, air boxes, and front fork set up. Let me know.

So, got to admit, I'm pretty darn proud of this thread. I know its helped out alot of people. I'll be at Barber this Saturday so if anyone needs any parts I've got listed just let me know and I'll bring them down. My grandfather will be driving a car so size isn't an issue on parts.

Still have handlebars, tank, exhaust, speedo piece on the wheel, air boxes, and front fork set up. Let me know.

Hi, what year for tank and exhaust? Didn't notice this before...

Thanks

This may sound a little off but I'm in need of some Honda dream 150 parts if anyone has any. I have 2 dreams sitting in the shop right now that need to be combined into one decent bike but obviously I'm still going to need some parts. So if anyone has some scrap parts they want to get rid of let me know. I'll buy if you have them and I also need a solo seat.

I still have
Rubber battery boot
Fork legs uppers and lowers
fork springs
lower triple tree with steering stem
2 working petcocks
2 petcocks possibly work, not sure
gastank with no lid and dented
Factory exhaust
handlebars(mx and stock)
and other miscellaneous parts.

what petcocks do you have mine were upgraded from vacuum to manual by previous owner and on a carbon fiber tank from benjies cafe racers one petcock has a stripped screw i dont know how that happened it leaks gas so i have it clamped down while i work on the bike
i have a 79xs650 special if that even matters

Here is some stuff that came off a 1979 Special.
2012-11-17_16-09-12_370_zps463dae7d.jpg
The tach has been sold.

2012-11-17_16-09-37_15_zps65487b4a.jpg
The battery box and passenger pegs have been sold.

I am looking for a swing arm pivot bolt.

Thanks!

Jon

how about the starter switch i bought the bike and the owner said the start button popped off before i showed up but now a small screw driver works and is our joke. since i am working on a custom cafe bike i may have to mount that mini screw driver and keep the joke going. too bad the tach sold i could have used one the number plate on mine came loose and i am not sure if i can get inside it to fix the dang screw

i may have clubman bars in the future up for trade. i am a short guy my custom cafe tank is long and i am not sure i like the reach i will have to decide after my first ride when the project is done.

Here is some stuff that came off a 1979 Special.
2012-11-17_16-09-12_370_zps463dae7d.jpg
The tach has been sold.

2012-11-17_16-09-37_15_zps65487b4a.jpg
The battery box and passenger pegs have been sold.

I am looking for a swing arm pivot bolt.

Thanks!

Jon

Is the horn in the pic functional and still available? I need a good functional horn for inspection down here. Johnny law won't give me my inspection sticker without it. No sticker is big fines down here.

Whats your exhaust like my 79 has beat up exhaust

I'm in dire need of right hand control switches. My starter button disintegrated and when opened the switch, the rest of the guts look like there's not much life left.

what petcocks do you have mine were upgraded from vacuum to manual by previous owner and on a carbon fiber tank from benjies cafe racers one petcock has a stripped screw i dont know how that happened it leaks gas so i have it clamped down while i work on the bike
i have a 79xs650 special if that even matters

All petcocks are gone. Sorry :shrug:

Back