Stretched Her Legs (No, not that you sickos)

bdholsin

XS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the bike to town today for some small errands. Some popping and hiccuping at 3,000-4,000 RPM for a couple miles then it stopped (I guess after it warmed up). Could this be related to my idle mix screws? I'm at about 3 1/4 turns out. Stock jets, pod filters and stock exhaust.

If it is related to the idle mix screws I need to have it explained. I thought once you got into the mid and high range of the engine speed the main jets kicked in and the pilot circuit became negligible.

Thanks.

Pretty normal. If it runs, ride it 1 or 200 miles lots of weirdness goes away after exercise.
Sometimes it gets worse carry your cell phone.:doh:

The only thing I can figure is maybe a little water in the gas. Who knows. In any case she runs beautifully. Actually had a guy admire her when I went to my local hardware store today. He asked how old it is and was astonished when I told him it's an '83. He asked if I would consider selling it. My reply was "Not right now". I'm having way too much fun with this bike and worked too hard to get it running to turn around and sell it. Besides, I seriously doubt he'd give me my asking price.

I'm a little hesitant to add seafoam. My tank is pretty clean, fuel filter is clear and carbs are clean enough to eat off.

Back