Success!! She runs!!

Mrunclegibbons

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this kinda post isn't allowed, I'm just super excited!
I got a '71 xs1b barn find for $350 2 weeks ago or so. I cleaned the carbs, changed the oil, put some fresh gas in her, and had to do some rewiring odds and ends (which terrifies me, btw). Last night I put the battery on the tender and could hardly sleep I was so excited to try to fire her up. This morning, I walked out to the bike and gave her a couple kicks and she soared to life!!!

Thanks for all your answers to my silly questions. I'm sure I'll have many more as I continue restoring this beauty.

You fit right in. Anybody who's heart doesn't beat faster on the first start after resurrecting a project, no matter how many wheels, just ain't right.

You should've seen me the first time I started my old Farmall. It'd been sitting in the bushes for who knows how long and I'd completely rebuilt the motor, including a replacement block as the original was cracked from not having antifreeze in it when parked. I rode that thing up and down the driveway at a blistering 2.5 MPH in "high" gear for an hour, grinning like an idiot the whole time.

You folks are awesome. I’ve seen some forums that are absolutely toxic. Everyone here is super supportive and responsive and helpful. Cheers!
I agree - I belong to half a dozen groups / forums and this by far is the best. Thumbs up to all members!

Back