Summer Riding !

There are more old items to examine......

July.Ride.83 018.JPG

Mailman if I ever get to the states I'm definitely checking out those Cracker Barrel restaurants. I love that kind of atmosphere. Third generation farmer here. Fortunately Dad was into memorabilia , farming, automotive,etc so I've inherited all kinds of cool interesting stuff. Not worth much to anyone else but it is to me.

Well on Yesterdays Tractors so far two people have said it is "that is a seed pick for an Iron Age potato planter."

I Googled that and pictures come up but none show close up details of where that mechanism is located on the machine.

If that’s the case, you could be talking about horse drawn farming even.
Horse drawn farming is actually still going on in some areas near me, more than a few Amish farms near here! Went past one to see them mowing the hay field with a horse drawn sickle-bar mower last summer.

Go back one generation to when my dad was growing-up in Minnesota and that was how much of the farm work was done, also he talked about skidding logs with horses when working in a logging camp.

Yeah I think the old farmers probably called this one. Fun find Dude! Keep it up!

By the way I recall my folks talking about growing up with big Belgian Draft horses on their farm when they were kids. My dad went in with my grandfather to buy a new Model A pickup for the farm, when he was young.

Back