Tailgating cagers...what's the cure ?

I had this happen to me yesterday afternoon. I suppose I didn't pull away from a light as quickly as the cager behind me would have liked, judging by the horn blaring. I was in a 40 mph zone, having accelerated to about 40-ish, but that wasn't fast enough, so the 20-something Debbie in her Honda Speck crossed a double yellow - heading into a blind curve - to pass me.

Part of me wanted to run her down and ask her to share with me the mental calculus that's applied to that sort of behavior, but then, in my relative wisdom, I figured I'd just save my breath. But what just leaves me speechless is the unmitigated self-entitlement and wanton carelessness of people like her, who have no compunction about putting another person in harms way to get what they want. I know what the problem is - unvarnished selfishness - but I'm afraid don't have a definitive solution.

TC

I had this happen to me yesterday afternoon. I suppose I didn't pull away from a light as quickly as the cager behind me would have liked, judging by the horn blaring. I was in a 40 mph zone, having accelerated to about 40-ish, but that wasn't fast enough, so the 20-something Debbie in her Honda Speck crossed a double yellow - heading into a blind curve - to pass me.

Part of me wanted to run her down and ask her to share with me the mental calculus that's applied to that sort of behavior, but then, in my relative wisdom, I figured I'd just save my breath. But what just leaves me speechless is the unmitigated self-entitlement and wanton carelessness of people like her, who have no compunction about putting another person in harms way to get what they want. I know what the problem is - unvarnished selfishness - but I'm afraid don't have a definitive solution.

TC

Up the street from my house is a city bus stop in a blind curve (dumb place but that's city government) I met a stopped bus in that blind curve a few days ago and an idiot in a car was trying to pass him. I stopped then yelled at the stupid cager until be backed up and let me pass. Then the same idiot attempted to pass the same bus in the same blind curve and center punched a pick-up truck driving way too fast.

Everyone was unhurt and I laughed for miles.

Back