The ergonomic experiment

I just want to say that the talcum powder thing was not my original idea :) :rolleyes: :cool:

In fact, I think that the first article I read about its use in motorcycling was written by a female biker ! And she made particular recommendations for the ideal sort of panties to wear; here it got interesting, but I didn't need any ideas in that domain, as I've found just the right riding underwear. :)

Last edited:
Ok ok I’m shutting this down. :doh:
E40F2E5D-752F-492F-A4B3-A63DF481D870.gif

Just havin' a little fun, Bob! :) :)
This discussion went on for days at ADVRider.

....OK, I'll delete it all, soon......

It looks like good information to me. Instead of "the skin of your balls" they should have just said scrotum. I never would have thought to put it on a rag. No joke.
As a matter of fact, hot weather, Hanes boxer shorts, and Kevlar jeans cans be an uncomfortable mix.

IMG_0236.JPG
Glasses and helmets.
I picked up an older Jeb's full face with the flip visor, that works.
Before that I had rigged a set of welders goggles with a pair of my script lenses installed, spaces between the oval lenses and the round lenses of the goggles filled with gray, water pipe insulating foam .....looked a little weird but worked. Might get some round script lenses made to fit the goggles.

Smaller (or wire) side pieces, plastic at the ear is OK
I tend to push the side pieces in a bit higher than where they would normally sit on the ear.
I have riding glasses that have a -0- prescription bifocal section so it's easier to read the gauges GPS etc. at mid distance.

Last edited:
How do wearers of glasses cope with motorcycle helmets?
What is the secret to having glasses fit comfortably?

For me, it’s flip front helmets. With the chin bar rotated up it’s easy to take your helmet on and off without removing your glasses. Most helmets have cut outs in the padding to accommodate glasses. I have tried standard full coverage helmets and it’s a real pain to , first take my glasses off and set them somewhere, then try and fit them in to a tight fitting helmet.
36041FE4-7EA3-4C9F-A0B9-546D48C4279D.jpeg

How do wearers of glasses cope with motorcycle helmets?
What is the secret to having glasses fit comfortably?

Please do not mention Vaseline or corn starch, OK.
I wear glasses and this isn't even a factor for me. Good fitting glasses simply stay put within a good fitting helmet. I have 7 helmets with various visors and they all function just fine.

....and I put a little cornstarch on the tips of my ears. :laugh2:

For me, it’s flip front helmets. With the chin bar rotated up it’s easy to take your helmet on and off without removing your glasses. Most helmets have cut outs in the padding to accommodate glasses. I have tried standard full coverage helmets and it’s a real pain to , first take my glasses off and set them somewhere, then try and fit them in to a tight fitting helmet.
View attachment 192480
I have a full face helmet but the bad thing is I first take off my glasses off and stick them in my shirt, then helmet off and on
Ride away glasses fall out of shirt :banghead:
I always carry a spare set of glasses because I just can't train myself to put glasses where they won't get lost
I'm going to have to check out the flip front helmets seems a good choice and the money I'll save on glasses will pay for the helmet :bike:

upload_2021-6-2_8-49-39.jpeg

It's small like a purse. It fits glasses, gloves, phone. Magnets on the bottom. It fits XS650 Special tank.
I'm afraid I don't get warm fuzzies from a flip-up chin bar. To me, it's slightly better than open face, but more expensive. I take no issue with your personal choices, it's just me. My glasses fit under my full face helmet without issue. The glasses I'm not wearing fit in the bag. YMMV

View attachment 192526
It's small like a purse. It fits glasses, gloves, phone. Magnets on the bottom. It fits XS650 Special tank.
I'm afraid I don't get warm fuzzies from a flip-up chin bar. To me, it's slightly better than open face, but more expensive. I take no issue with your personal choices, it's just me. My glasses fit under my full face helmet without issue. The glasses I'm not wearing fit in the bag. YMMV
What's the name or model number of the tank bag

I'm going to have to check out the flip front helmets seems a good choice and the money I'll save on glasses will pay for the helmet :bike:

If you are considering a flip front helmet, I can recommend the HJC IS Max 2. I’ve had three of them now, and I also had a flip front Bell helmet. In my humble opinion the HJC gives a lot of bang for the buck, it has an internal sun visor , and the chin bar has metal latch assemblies ( not all do ) this makes it much more secure in the event of an impact. You can read tons of reviews of this helmet , just do a Google search. And take your time shopping around, the prices are all over the place, and sometimes you can catch a good sale. I also added a dark tint outer visor, because our Arizona sun is blindingly bright.
A86C1892-12B2-449A-825F-894BB87D1C60.jpeg
2310C7D3-28DE-4223-99E7-9D19AE761185.jpeg

Back