There are two kinds of motorcycle riders...

Glad to both you and the bike faired well. :)

never had a low speed dump... Now, about 30mph... Coming home from work one summer afternoon, about two hours after a thunder shower, rain had dried. Made a right turn from a stop sign, and got on the throttle. Hit an oily patch... rear broke loose, coming around to my left, throttle opened wide while trying to control direction. Attempted a dirt-track boot-plant on the right to try and stay up. Doesn't work to well on asphalt with a 600lb bike (VStar 1100). Tore the heel off my right boot. Engine guard dug into the asphalt, popping the bike up and to the left, throwing me over the windshield. I landed face down, left knee first, facing oncoming traffic that was originally behind me. Immediately jumped up and ran to the shoulder. After a quick self exam, I determined the most severe damage was to my left knee (skinned patch about the size of softball), and some pain in my right ribcage. Bike didn't suffer too bad; bent case guard and small dent in the tank, a few scrapes. A co-worker saw it happen and stopped, had me park the bike at work and gave me ride home. Later I discovered I had two fractured ribs. Could have been much worse.

Hi Ken: I’m sure you’re aware of this but hairclip starter gear job is a 1-2 hour / 3 beer task easily done in one evening.

Pete
Yea, but two problems, !st I'm all out of beer and also have two other bikes to ride.

Plus been spending a bit of time helping some friends pack up and move after selling their house. And if me having a little problem with one out of three bikes isn't minor enough after signing on the sale of their house the purchase offer they put down on the house they were hoping to buy was turned down!

Here I thought being retired meant I would have all kinds of time to play with my toys! Did I also mention I just got home from round one of cataract surgery?

Yea, but two problems, !st I'm all out of beer and also have two other bikes to ride.

Plus been spending a bit of time helping some friends pack up and move after selling their house. And if me having a little problem with one out of three bikes isn't minor enough after signing on the sale of their house the purchase offer they put down on the house they were hoping to buy was turned down!

Here I thought being retired meant I would have all kinds of time to play with my toys! Did I also mention I just got home from round one of cataract surgery?

Out of beer????

Geezz Ken - dammit - I'm comin' over and I'll bring beer!

Out of beer????

Geezz Ken - dammit - I'm comin' over and I'll bring beer!

Well the doc says no alcohol for 24 hours after surgery and and 4-5 days with out any dirty or dusty work. Then they want me to repeat this again in about two weeks! Damm getting old sucks at times!

And Saturday I am going to be attending my 50th anniversary of high school graduation that should be interesting.

Well the doc says no alcohol for 24 hours after surgery and and 4-5 days with out any dirty or dusty work. Then they want me to repeat this again in about two weeks! Damm getting old sucks at times!

And Saturday I am going to be attending my 50th anniversary of high school graduation that should be interesting.

Nice - well, have a great time!! I’m sure some people will look quite different, but many won’t have aged a day!

Got my '83 back in 2007, after not having ridden in about thirty years and never having a M.C. endorsed license.
I was playing "pretend your testing for endorsement" in the hayfield across the lane. Slow speed, picturing imaginary cones that I was navigating. Instantly I was on the ground. I never felt the transition from being up on two to being flat on the ground.

I scrambled to shut her off and then took inventory......"You stupid fekkin son of a bitch!" ( I attribute these spontaneous outbusts to the Spirit chastising the Body....lol.)
I thought for sure that my left shoulder was busted but that paled to what the missus would say when she found out, as she wasn't keen on the purchase to begin with.

Fortunately the shoulder was ok, bike was picked up after a few minutes, no one saw and she didn't find out until a few years had passed.

I'll add that lowering the shocks will make a bike stand up straighter on the side stand to where a stiff breeze can catch it from the side, knock it over and break the brake handle off, all happening at a service station with lots of spectators.........

Before you pick up your Road Glide in front of the Canadian Tire Store, be sure to fold out the side stand! Otherwise, one has to balance it while walking around to the left side, no fun. Also, the computer will flash "tip" or something like that and you have to turn iggy off and on a couple times to get back underway.

Happens to us all I got in a bad spot on my victory vision 1000lbs went to turn in some bad gravel and it went down hurt my pride have to do some repaint this winter now

Back