Thin wall quarter inch fuel tubing

Scottrt

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have a good source for some quarter inch fuel tubing that's not 7/16 thick like automotive stuff. I want to replace my fuel and vacuum lines and if I have to I'll find OEM parts I did find a seller on Amazon that sells Briggs & Stratton fuel line and his picture makes it look like it's thinner walled like we would find on our motorcycles. If nobody else has a proven source I will try it and see if it's a winner.

Look for some Tygon fuel line.
Yup. That's the stuff. Available on the e-web in bulk, it's pretty much impervious to everything (probably even that damned gasahol. Just don't use it!), and you can get any color you want. Or clear. Good plumbing is essential! Good luck!

Yes, proper thin walled fuel line is difficult to find. You can't fit the original protection springs over the fatter stuff. If all else fails, you can still buy it from Yamaha. I found some from China on eBay. I can't attest to it's longevity yet as I haven't had it that long but it seems nice so far. I got the 6 x 9mm size .....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3Meter-F...m-12mm-/302884149793?var=&hash=item46854d5a21

Couldn't find it in black and wouldn't want anything else on my otherwise 100% stock bike
I use Motion Pro Premium Fuel line. It's easy to use and lasts a long time. It comes in black. The downside is that it easily kinks if you try to take too tight a bend. Anyway, it's my first choice. It's not thin walled. Has it's own clamps and tools available. I've used wire clamps available from Mike's XS with satisfactory results.

https://www.motionpro.com/c/motion-pro-premium-fuel-line

What I have been doing is going to your local dealer and buying several lengths of the tubing that the dirt bike riders use as vent lines. You see it on the counters in all different colors and are about 16 inches long. I think it is slightly over 1/4 inch but should work with the petcock.

I like to use the Tygon Premium F-4040. Lot's of fake stuff out there, you need to buy thru a reputable dealer.
tim

Back