UK Bobber

bopit

XS650 Member
Reaction score
This is my Bobber built about two years ago from a suitably wrecked donor bike. The remit was to do as much as possible in the garage & make it stocky without gaps. Have got another XS donor so the next project starts this winter.:)

Attachments

• DSCF8717.jpg
    DSCF8717.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 158
  • LHB.jpg
    LHB.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 155
  • RHB.jpg
    RHB.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCF8835.jpg
    DSCF8835.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 165
What size rim and tire combo are you running? that's the fatter stance I'm going for too. I might run dual 18" on front and back but yours looks better. Great work so far.

Hi,

Thats the thread title I was going to use :)

Just started on my second build (a bobber this time)

That one of yours looks very nice, particulary like the brakes set up! Interesting hardtail too, very individual - well done!

Whereabouts are you in the uk? Where did you source you rear mudguard? im having a real pain finding one suitable this side of the pond!

best regards

Paul

Really nice bike! Where's the fork from?? Did you get those wheels, brakes and the front end from the same donnor bike?

I really like the stance! Well done!

Hi All, I'm based in Chesterfield, UK. The bike's running 130 x 16 front & 150 x 16 rear tyres to give it a fat look. The wheels are off a Harley of some sort with a rear rim laced to a front hub. The rear guard is a generic item for a trailer, can't remember the exact size but it's been narrowed by an inch or so, re-radiusd (If there is such a word) by spreading the sides until the desired arc was achieved. It then had a tube tacked to it to carry the back light & wiring, a cut out for the chain & some brackets added to attach it to the frame; a bit of matt black & away we go. The forks are from a 2000 triumph 955i I think. These are a really easy fit as they use the same size bearings as the XS but the stem needs extending a bit (I cut the the lock stops off the yolks & built them in to the head stock). Had a spindle made up for the wheel.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers, Ju

Back