Upgrading Brakes today with Dual Discs Later

PHeller

Erie, PA
Reaction score
Current braking situation is scary. I've got new pads and another round of bleeding to do, but I'm not expecting much. The master cylinder cap is messed up, no longer really sealing. I've got to pry it off in order to fill it.

The next step would be to go to the stainless lines, but again...there is only so much I'll get.

Luckily, my forks have the caliper mounts for the dual disc. That means all I need is the disc, caliper, lines, and new master cylinder.

If I upgrade my current single disc, I would assume that the stainless lines and all that would swap over?

Posted via Mobile

The single disc works very well on these if set up properly. Fix your MC and add a stainless line and you should have a great front brake.

Dude. Seriously dude. Don't ride a bike with a bad brake.

Would you die for 30 bucks? Get a new MC now, immediately.

That said, these bikes are very light and there's a lot of braking surface. A single disk if it's not f'ed up will stop you. The only significant advantage on these bikes for duals is a little more control and they will heat up slower if you are riding hard (and a couple more things that are less important)

Back