what is the going rate for shouldered aluminum wheels

bpupeza

I like motorcycles
Reaction score
I would like to know what the going rate is for a set of the shouldered aluminum wheels is. They are front disk rear drum. They are off of a 1977 xs650. I cruised the classifieds a little but it seems most prices aren't posted.
Thanks for any responses

I don't know if they would work. I guess you would have to search the forums. I can tell you that the front is a 19 and the rear is an 18.

If you want to know what people will pay for them..............post them in the classifieds with a Best offer,

Liftedzuki,
To change spoke XS wheels to an 80 then the brake actuator has to be changed as well as the swing-arm, or, the tabs on the swing-arm can be removed and new ones re-welded where necessary for the brake stay. Need a brake rod as well

My xs650 is drum rear special.

I'd probably be interested but not for a bit. Next payday is going to electronics and licensing/getting riding.

To change spoke XS wheels to an 80 then the brake actuator has to be changed as well as the swing-arm, or, the tabs on the swing-arm can be removed and new ones re-welded where necessary for the brake stay. Need a brake rod as well

Hi Skull,
My son & I put those aluminum rim wire wheels on his 1980 and yeah, except the pedal itself you need all the drum brake operating hardware too.
(Note to anyone contemplating doing this, if the front has a 2-part disk that disk has a different dish depth and won't line up with the later caliper. Swap in a 1-piece disk is all.)
We welded a new brake stay mount on his disk brake swingarm to fit the drum brake's underslung torque stay but left the existing one in place for when he got sick of polishing the wire wheels and swapped back to the mag wheels & rear disk brake.

If you want to know what people will pay for them..............post them in the classifieds with a Best offer,

Liftedzuki,

Hi Skull,
My son & I put those aluminum rim wire wheels on his 1980 and yeah, except the pedal itself you need all the drum brake operating hardware too.
(Note to anyone contemplating doing this, if the front has a 2-part disk that disk has a different dish depth and won't line up with the later caliper. Swap in a 1-piece disk is all.)
We welded a new brake stay mount on his disk brake swingarm to fit the drum brake's underslung torque stay but left the existing one in place for when he got sick of polishing the wire wheels and swapped back to the mag wheels & rear disk brake.

Well done just like i said. wouldn't you be better to address Liftedzuk, but then this information is mute because with a little research i found Liftedzuk has a G

Well done just like i said. wouldn't you be better to address Liftedzuk, but then this information is mute because with a little research i found Liftedzuk has a G

Hi Skull,
never mind what Liftedzuk rides, my point was addressed to you because you're the one who posted that the disk brake swingarm's top-mounted brake stay mount could be removed when welding on a bottom mounted brake stay to suit a drum brake mount.
And although that is an absolutely correct statement, my little add-on said that we left ours in place in case my fickle son decided to swap back to a rear disk.
And that's moot, not mute.

Hi Skull,
never mind what Liftedzuk rides, my point was addressed to you because you're the one who posted that the disk brake swingarm's top-mounted brake stay mount could be removed when welding on a bottom mounted brake stay to suit a drum brake mount.
And although that is an absolutely correct statement, my little add-on said that we left ours in place in case my fickle son decided to swap back to a rear disk.
And that's moot, not mute.

Moot Mute root who gives a fuc#.

And im glad you cleare up that wothless bit of information directed at me.

Some more spel;ling mistakes for you to clear up.:D

I would like to know what the going rate is for a set of the shouldered aluminum wheels is. They are front disk rear drum. They are off of a 1977 xs650. I cruised the classifieds a little but it seems most prices aren't posted.
Thanks for any responses

I've got a set off a '78. 19" front with a single disc and a 18" rear with a drum.
PM me with a decent offer did you're interested. I'd consider letting them go.

Yes it's all about condition; shiny bright rim and hub with great spokes 200 each, rough and needing a full recondition 100 the pair.
But most mudcatcher wheels fall in the 75 to 125 each range.

Back