what motor mounts are necessary?

I don't think I mis read you
You asked me what bottom 3 did you not and to me that's the bottom end I don't think there are any other mounts?
I only use three on my chopper builds. I use the front the back and the middle. I do not use the back lower because I cut the back bone in such a way to make it clean looking and that mount is removed. So maybe you didn't understand me. I use to use all the mounts but after some time I started to cut off that mount to give the backbone a cleaner look. So I am done with this going back and forth on he said you said. You call it whatever you want to me you have a top end and a bottom end and the frame has FOUR mounts on the bottom end or bottom. The question was how many are necessary and I ONLY USE THREE. I only build HARD TAILS and that is all that was needed for the last 15 bikes I built.
Have a nice day:thumbsup:

Solo I am a engine builder so to me when you say I got a noise coming from the bottom or I hear a ticking from the bottom to me that's the bottom end and most people will agree with me who build motors. So I guess my bottom and what you were referring to is different. When someone is asking me what motor mounts to use to secure the motor I think bottom end because most older motors are mounted to the frame from the bottom end because that is where the crank is and most of the power is. So I know there is a difference of words bottom end and bottom DUH! This was not a English class. A question on what ones can be used that's it. So I am not going to debate on BOTTOM or BOTTOM END to me they are the same.
Thanks
Have a nice day

I do not consider the 5th "mounting point" being squabbled over as a motor mount. It's certainly not going to do much, either way.

I just wanna know why I'M the one getting GRILLED for correcting some wrong info?? According to gggGary, the idea here is to HELP others, and NOT give them misinformation. Oh yea....I remember why now. Because I don't do choppers or hardtails, I don't deserve the same respect.

That's not true, don't try to be a martyr. Most of the respected members here ride stock bikes or a modified version. You're being give the same respect you've shown to others....

Bottom 3?? The only TWO that I would think would fall into what could be considered "bottom" mounts would be the lower rear and bottom center. Where is the third? The front or upper rear hardly qualify. Let alone the cam cover mount point.

Hi solo,
in honour of the late Sir Terry Pratchett and in the words of Detritus the Troll:-
Dats de free of dem what is closest to the ground

That ACTUALLY sound more like Robert Blake in BARETTA!!!! "...and dat's the name of DAT tune...!"

Hi madjap,
All I remember about that show is "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"
But be warned, even if Detritus is a Sargeant in the Ankh-Morpork City Guard mistaking a Robert Blake portrayal for a Discworld character is like spitting in Church, or even crapping in the Cathedral.

Hi madjap,
All I remember about that show is "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"
But be warned, even if Detritus is a Sargeant in the Ankh-Morpork City Guard mistaking a Robert Blake portrayal for a Discworld character is like spitting in Church, or even crapping in the Cathedral.

Wellllllllll, I'm not a BIG Cathedral crapper or Church spitter but... to ME, (since it took me a few googling adventures to find out who Detrius and Ankh-Morpork were) I kinda think I'm still better off knowing BARETTA! But maybe that's just the 70's Madjap talking... HA-HAAAAAA!

You guys should really take it off the board. 2 Pages of shit

Hi Skull,
on behalf of all list members to whom your comment may apply, we humbly apologise for any upset or inconvenience we may have given you.
Alas that we failed to recognise that it's only YOUR shit that doesn't stink.

If you're thinking, "Oh my God, that's 8 minutes of READING ON AN INTERNET FORUM BOARD that I can never have back..." Well, that's pretty sad anyway. Personally, I find it entertaining to read some of the comments and dialogue. yes, some of it gets piffy, but they're WORDS... OOOOOOHHHHHHHH.... WORDS.... written down on the INTERNET! THE INTERNET FCS!!!! The OP got his answer, so it was educational. I got to harangue S2R and call him names and he got to point out my flaws in... well... everything. Other people argued and some clarifications were pondered. I watched a friggin' BABY DIE one time. I watched a guy put a .357 magnum in his mouth and blow his grey matter all over a wall. People here have lost loved ones and been put in jail for trying to kill someone. In the big scheme of things... It's just WORDS... On the... INTERNET! Have some fun and roll your eyes at yourself once in a while... Except for S2r, he's a REALLLLLLLLL d-bag...!

- - - Have some fun and roll your eyes at yourself once in a while... Except for S2r, he's a REALLLLLLLLL d-bag...!

Hi madjap,
no he ain't, betcha he's a total pussycat in real life.
He's just faking being a d-bag because he wants the street cred.

Site rule #3.........Stay on-topic with your posts (keep them relevant to the thread). Start a new thread if you want to take the discussion in a different direction.

Site Rule #7...........If you have an issue with another member, deal with it in a professional and respectful manner. Try resolving your problems with the member through email or private messages first. If a thread turns into a bitch fight or name calling and character bashing, it will be deleted or edited (cleaned up). This site is not the place for grade-school drama.

My Shit stinks Fed just like yours. If you include your self in the inane crap that has been going on between a few of those members who are repeatedly interrupting threads with a banal slinging match between them selves and generally disrupting/destroying threads. These guys have been censured before, with their posts deleted.

If you include, or a-line your self with these repeat offenders then my post also refers to you. That is for you to decide.

didnt know my thread was gonna start a big ol uproar

As the OP you have the choice to stop this at any time if you think it detracts from or disrupts the point of the thread.

Click on the red triangle below your avatar to notify the moderators

I kinda laugh at the inane banter some poster's put up. Most is a waste of typing effort and has little to do with what the tread is about.
Now on the subject of what mounts are needed. I think if Yamaha thought it needed as many as it has, they did it for a good reason.
I have found that not using a top mount lets the engine vibrate more, this stresses the rest of the mounts and can lead to cracked cases around the mounts. It also lets the frame flex more. This flex can make the bike harder to handle.
There are some who are willing to sacrifice such things for looks. Some of us think those same changes don't look good, some even dangerous. I don't care what you do to your bike for looks. I can and will help you make it run well, brake well maybe even handle better.
Leo

Back