what motor mounts are necessary?

Hi Leo,
now that we are back on topic, has anyone tried mounting the XS650 power unit with elastomeric bushings.
Everywhere a bolt goes through the frame would have a larger diameter sleeve welded in
with a rubber & steel bushing pressed into it.
Seems to me if the engine was rubber mounted it would be less necessary to rubber mount every last other thing on the bike.

I don't know about the rubber mounting. Could it be done like Harley rubber mounts engines?
On leaving out the mounts, do as you want. It's your bike.
Leo

Actually, I'd like to get back to the other "off topic". Now, I'll admit I have been rather rough on some members at times, but I think my response was justified because they were just so bent on destroying their 650. The things they asked or the things they contemplated doing were just so stupid I had to step in and object. This is different. From what I've seen, not just today or yesterday, but for as long as this guy has been around, he's an asshole. He never helps anyone, just stirs up shit in any thread he enters.

Gary recently mentioned the "ignore" feature this board has. I never knew about that and then when I did, didn't think I might ever need it ........ until now. I've implemented it. I've only ever put one guy on it ...... I think you can guess who that is.

Hi Leo,
now that we are back on topic, has anyone tried mounting the XS650 power unit with elastomeric bushings.
Everywhere a bolt goes through the frame would have a larger diameter sleeve welded in
with a rubber & steel bushing pressed into it.
Seems to me if the engine was rubber mounted it would be less necessary to rubber mount every last other thing on the bike.
Look long enough on this site and you will find a like minded person. I bought my bike for the project aspect and have been contemplating rubber mounts ever since and your rubber bushing idea is worth looking into. I have put together some rather elaborate designs, in my head, that might or probably wouldn't work or would be just butt ugly. Have you done any more research on this conversion? any ideas on a source for the bushings? I know there are other things that will be affected by the engine moving in the frame such as the exhaust pipe clearance and stock air filters but those should be fairly easy to address.

Well I had hoped for someone a little closer to home but now that I know what to look for I may be able to find something that will work, when the time comes Thanks

Back