What's Out of Stock at Your Store Today

"Chips" here are proper chips and not potato crisps.
Just one more example of countries separated by a common language! And I don't want to go into the problems that one can have trying to understand things when slang terms pop up in a conversation!

Just one more example of countries separated by a common language! And I don't want to go into the problems that one can have trying to understand things when slang terms pop up in a conversation!
I got lagniapped at the bar last weekend. We were in South Mississippi, not far from New Orleans.

Last edited:
Button batteries were scarce today. Took me 5 stores to find a couple in a larger size, CR2450 for my welding helmet.

Button batteries were scarce today. Took me 5 stores to find a couple in a larger size, CR2450 for my welding helmet.

You kids and your new fangled welding hoods! 😁 Why back in my day……..
72090241-3CF0-4D7C-807D-B60795C51A9E.jpeg

My wife's ears are battery powered. She uses two systems concurrently and a lot of batteries. She has very little hearing without them. I've found a reliable eBay seller for batteries and I buy them in bulk from the same seller whenever her supply goes low. I resupplied both types only very recently. We should be good for a few months.

Good simple little Video: It refers to the impact of large scale production/planting on biodiversity and the diversion of land away from food production. This highlights the impact when politics gets hold of what seems a good idea on the surface. A bit like the diversion of water from the Aral Sea, Tigeris, Euphrates, Colorado and other large fresh water sources.

Originally Rapeseed oil was considered unhealthy due to its high Erucic Acid content and its impact on body organs. New low Erucic Acid varieties now exist for the food industry and these are considered safe for consumption. One of these is Canola (CANada Oil Low Acid) and the other being Rapeseed as per the European Market. These have a low Erucic Acid content for the food market i.e. <3% for the US and <5% in Europe. This is a huge change from the original plant which had from 20 - 54% Erucic Acid content.

For the record, I no longer consume Canola oil or any other processed oil. At least as much as I am able to avoid it. I have decided it is a very bad actor in my body. Tallow and lard are much better. Olive, coconut, and avocado are healthy options as well. Processed oil is no good, IMHO. I know this is controversial, but that is the science I have chosen to follow. I believe I am better for it.

Last edited:
You set a very good standard jetmechmarty...🌠

Today at the Supermarket I noticed the crisp shelves are all restocked. The shortage must be coming to an end. I do not generally buy these items because I think the artificial flavors are not to be trusted. I prefer sultanas and salted peanuts mixed together.

One product in short supply in the UK are Lateral FLow Tests (Rapid Antigen Tests). When I start work next week I am supposed to do 3 tests per week. Can't see that happening...:thumbsdown:

We got away from Canola oil many years ago and now use olive oil or just plain butter. Not much deep frying in this household. We do have lard from some hogs we butchered and it's my personal preference.

We had the opportunity to go in on a side of beef this fall, and we did. Wife figures it comes out to around two bucks a pound.
If anyone is given the opportunity to go in on a side of beef make sure it's a side - and not a half......big difference.
A side is a side.
A half could be a side, could be leftovers. Weasel wording.

I amassed about 20 gallons of distilled water from the dehumidifier before I stopped collecting it.
I don't have a car on the road at the moment, so don't need it for the cooling system.
My bike batteries are now all AGM.
I'm not doing any wet photography, so don't need it for a final rinse.
Can't think of anything else I was using it for.
All the same though, the cost of distilled water locally is stupidly high, so I'm inclined to collect more just in case

In the Northern Prairies it falls out of the sky. Obtain from downspouts if liquid or shovel it into a pail to melt if it's flakes.
Not exactly distilled but close enough for battery use.
If all else fails, scrape the frost out of your deep-freezer and melt it.

In the Northern Prairies it falls out of the sky. Obtain from downspouts if liquid or shovel it into a pail to melt if it's flakes.
Damn there's a song in there somewhere
"It came out of the sky just a little north of Moline
Jody fell out of the tractor couldn't believe what he seen
Laid down on the ground shaken fearin for his life
Then he ran all the way to town screamin "It came out of the sky"

Never proved it but we made the assumption that rain water might have been part of the reason for a battery failure on a piece of heavy equipment. Thing is the rain water they had used at this quarry was held in a rusty 55 gallon drum and it was caught as it ran off the galvanized steel roof of the shop.

Like I said no scientific proof but between the iron oxide from the rusty barrel and zinc particles that might be washing off the roof I suggested they find a different source of water.

Ah, but roundabout here the distilled water from the sky isn't very pure.

Not out of stock but we haven't been able to get our trash collected for two weeks. Not enough people, I guess.

This does not bode well. My local hardware store can't get Rotella. I use it in my LBCs too.
There's always Walmart! :laugh: I've been easily trained to let the stuff come to my door. I recently got a screaming deal on Lucas 20W50 motorcycle oil. I'm stocked up for the time being. I have Yamalube on hand as well. If my job would go from partly to fully remote I'd be in like Flynn!

Back