Whats your weather right now?

60 and sunshine today. Rode the FJR 50 miles cause I decided to get only ONE bike covered in salt and sand this winter, the fudger lost that lottery.

Two days ago, major thunderstorms, heavy rain, tornados, early morning volcanoes.

Mid-February. Dead of winter.

We're going to be at 87°F (30°C) today.
Forcasted for 90°F (32°C) tomorrow.

What will summer bring???

Down the hill from Mt.Hood national forest. Feb 22. Can't remember what its like to be hot ! Frogs are still hybernating... but the moss , mud, and road film will soon be washed away by the current deluge of Northwest rain and then you Ice tea drinkin trucker tanned t shirt wearin riders will be lookin over here, as It will be our great riding time ! Hope I dont go further insane waiting for it...

Its about 15C (around 58-60 deg. F) and overcast but dry. Apparently this decent weather is going to be around till about Sunday and then winter will return with near freezing temps and stuff falling (likely just rain and grey mush).

Dang!

Cardiff, UK, 8 Deg. C and heavy persistent drizzle all day and yesterday. Big storm due tomorrow. I have this week on holiday and was hoping to test out the brakes on dry roads and finalise the mixture screw setting due to slight popping on left cylinder. Instead I will drain the tank tomorrow due to water appearing in the carburetor bowls. Wishing I were in Arizona due to a mild case of cabin fever setting in!

It's been kinda wet here last coupla days.
Fixin' to get a lot wetter.

Harvey's coming for an extended weekend.
Harvey-2017-01.jpg

The red dot at the upper/left? That's me!
Harvey-2017-02.jpg

We're forcasted for a lot of water for the next few days.

No riding for me. I don't do that stuff anymore...

Been watching that on our weather reports. Keep us informed with your firsthand reports. We'll be praying/ thinking of you. Be safe!

It's been kinda wet here last coupla days.
Fixin' to get a lot wetter.

Harvey's coming for an extended weekend.

The red dot at the upper/left? That's me!
View attachment 105078

We're forcasted for a lot of water for the next few days.

No riding for me. I don't do that stuff anymore...

I think Harvey has his sights on you 2M :)

What sort of preparation do you have to do ...It must be a very anxious time for you.
keep us updated if you can .All the best johnny

Thanx, azman, TM.
Should be OK up here, forecasted only 40-50mph wind gusts.
Folks in Corpus Christi are in full-blown panic/prep mode...
Add me to the list of those who are concerned about your safety and all of our Texas members !
If things get bad, there's a spot for you to sleep here in Syracuse.
I'll be watching the news closely.

I think Harvey has his sights on you 2M :)

Hey, peanut! Yep, hurricane magnet.
A good time for the US Navy to try their "hurricane distractor".
Put a mobile home park on a large barge, tow it out to sea.

...What sort of preparation do you have to do ...It must be a very anxious time for you.

This far inland, and in the hill country, many folks out here are considering it as a "non event". But, prepare anyway.

Clear-up and tie down things that can get blown away.

The only road outta here has a low-water crossing with a history of +4 foot flooding. You don't want to be on the wrong side when that happens, so be stocked-up with supplies to ride it out. Consider the critters.

There's the storm itself, but consider the aftermath. Expect some disruption in services and infrastructure. About 1/3rd of the petro industry is in the path.

...keep us updated if you can .All the best johnny

Thanx, Johnny. Harvey is now a catagory 3.

Harvey-2017-03.jpg

Hey 2M, just read this:

"In other words, Hurricane Harvey may stand alone in the history books if the epic deluge comes to fruition."

I hope this is just negative prognostication. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and be safe!

Harvey made landfall an hour ago, near Rockport, as a CAT 4.
Huge eyewall, slowly grinding inland.

Harvey-2017-04.jpg

Got some rain out here from a couple of feeder bands this afternoon.
Feeder bands withdrew, overall storm size shrinking, fairly calm out here now.

Matagorda on a more tranquil day...

Haha, that brings back memories. Did the same thing back in '71. I think I recognise that log.

Amazing. 12 hours after landfall, about 80 miles inland, Harvey is still a CAT 1 hurricane, grinding away on southeast Texas. Like the spreading petals on a blossoming flower, the rainbands are expanding, covering most of east Texas.

Harvey-2017-05.jpg

Out here, blue dot just above Kerrville, just a mild breeze and light rain...

Back