Who else is getting SEQUESTERED ?

TurboFarviknugn

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
NO, this IS NOT A POLITICAL THREAD !!!! Just wondering who else will be getting some extra time off besides me ? How you going to spend your time ? I fortunately will be picking up a PT gig to recover the lost $$$ (fortunately plumbers make more on the outside than in fed service) going to take the oppertunity to do some extra riding for sure !

How about you ?

NO, this IS NOT A POLITICAL THREAD !!!! Just wondering who else will be getting some extra time off besides me ? How you going to spend your time ? I fortunately will be picking up a PT gig to recover the lost $$$ (fortunately plumbers make more on the outside than in fed service) going to take the oppertunity to do some extra riding for sure !

How about you ?

Hope everyone can still make ends meet. I work for the state and think we will be ok. Good luck with the cuts hopefully it will not affect benifits and retirement accounts for those affected.

My Saturday post office part time rural carrier job prospects are looking pretty dim...........
Worst part of that is if it goes away my wife wants me to get a job with more hours. That don't seem right.

I will be drastically affected because most of my earnings are from mandatory overtime. I work a 72 hour work week they are taking 8 hours a week of overtime away which is going to be about a 25% hit thats a lot of mulla. :cussing:

Im a self employed carpenter. I feel very fortunate that I'm busy as hell right now. But that can go away in a heart beat. Ive learned you just have to go with the flow when your self employed, something always seems to come along when you least expect it.

My Saturday post office part time rural carrier job prospects are looking pretty dim...........
Worst part of that is if it goes away my wife wants me to get a job with more hours. That don't seem right.
It aint right. thats for sure.
Just remind Her that You are the security Guard as well as parts manager. And that don't leave much time for EXTRA work.:thumbsup:
P.S. and xs hall and room monitor

Just more proof that our system couldn't find it's ass with both hands. More than 2% falls through the cracks every year, and the turds that run the stuff are fucking with people's lives so they can "justify" more funding. 2% ain't shit. Take a 5-9% hit for 16 months, and increase REAL (not AFGE or other public union) benefit costs 1/3 while you're at it, from $250.00 up to $325.00 every 2 weeks. That's what I did. That'll kink your lifestyle a bit.
When you get there, let's have a beer and talk.
If you don't like it, it's your boss' fault for playing political games. Take it to THEM.
I quit taking ANY jobs that depended on government money years ago just because of this kind of deal. You are out the door on a political whim. Screw that.

Sorry if I "made" it political. It just is.

All of my ot was cut. And it sucks. I knew not to count on it but it still hurts. I've been debating whether to get a part time job. I work sun-wed 4 10s so thurs and fri are open. I called the shop that I left 11 years ago to see if they needed any help. They said I could come back but they haven't had a part timer in years and we would need to work out the details. The one thing that is holding me back is I enjoy those 3 days off so I can spend it with my kids. I thought my son was going to cry when I told him i might not be able to take him to school anymore.

Just more proof that our system couldn't find it's ass with both hands. More than 2% falls through the cracks every year, and the turds that run the stuff are fucking with people's lives so they can "justify" more funding. 2% ain't shit. Take a 5-9% hit for 16 months, and increase REAL (not AFGE or other public union) benefit costs 1/3 while you're at it, from $250.00 up to $325.00 every 2 weeks. That's what I did. That'll kink your lifestyle a bit.
When you get there, let's have a beer and talk.
If you don't like it, it's your boss' fault for playing political games. Take it to THEM.
I quit taking ANY jobs that depended on government money years ago just because of this kind of deal. You are out the door on a political whim. Screw that.

Sorry if I "made" it political. It just is.

My household will be taking a 20% cut in revenue starting next month so it is personal to me. Of course it is political but it is by no means a "whim." Mr. Obama gave his banker backers what they wanted. In Europe they call it "austerity" here it is "the grand bargain." No matter what you call it it is the 1% sucking the economic blood out of the 99%.

Anybody wants a job just come to the Bakken when you can make $20 an hour and all the hours you want faster than you can shake a stick. In fact stick shakers probably make $16 an hour here.

Anybody bitchin about unemployment is just soft. If there are no jobs where you are then leave where you are. Sorry suckers.

I think the name of the town is Minot North Dakota. Its a fairly small town in the heart of the oil boom. I heard the Chevy dealership had the most Corvette sales in the United States. Lots of young guys going there to seek their fortune. I lived in a small town in Okla. where an oil boom took place. Problem is everyone who owns housing there will jack the rent up so high its unreal.
jefft

^I'm near Williston and living for free. Anything can happen... Williston is west ND and Minot is central. I met an old lady in the parking lot of the library in Williston who was about to be evicted because her landlord had tripled her rent. She was about 75. Most guys up here working live in trailers. You can get trailers for less than $1000 and a place to put it for $500/mo. and up. Or get both or either for free; just depends on what works out. My trailer was originally free, sort of a "barn find" but acquired a price as it changed hands a few times.

^Obviously not, but it will fit many more than will read this! When I was a little kid in Appalachia everybody's dad lived in Detroit or Dayton where the jobs were, so going where the work is seems natural to me.

In fact I don't know any alternative. What do the unemployed and sequestered do to keep from dying?

Last edited:
I thought my son was going to cry when I told him i might not be able to take him to school anymore.

Kids have an interesting way of misunderstanding things. Maybe he thought it meant you didn't like him anymore. Or maybe he thought you were pulling him out of school :) :)

xjwmx are you working on an oil rig? I guess a guy with a CDL and some driving experience can also get a job in no time.

jefft

^ At the moment I'm an electrician. I hook up and repair motors and lights and breakers, and hoists and etc. Mostly repair. But I had no experience with that when I got here. But the jobs are in all fields. Every store has a help wanted sign in the window. If you want to work out in the patch on a rig you can be doing that tomorrow, although it takes guys awhile to find the right people, so they say it takes awhile to get on.

Back