Who's using Firefox?

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering how many members here are using Firefox for their main web browser???

Okay so here starts my pitch on why Firefox is a better web browser than Internet Explorer:

Let’s look at the spell check for vBulletin. If you are using Internet Explorer, the site directs you to download iSpell which is browser plug-in for Internet Explorer, but it's not that great. If you are browsing the site using Firefox, no spell check button shows up because Firefox has a built in spell check that will check your spelling as you type. It will work on anything you type into any webpage. If you don't know about it, it works like the spell check in Microsoft Word where as you type, if you misspell a word it will underline it in red and you can just right click the word and the spelling suggestions will pop up. It's great because you don’t have to click a button to spell check the page and you can use it on any forum, web-based email accounts, and other web forms you need to fill in. The spell checker alone is worth switching to Firefox but there are many other good reasons to use the browser. I’m not going to list them all here but if you are interested, just google it or read this: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/switch.html

XS650.com and most other sites on the internet work better in Firefox because Firefox is more standards based. That means when people design a webpage, they don’t have to add a lot of extra garbage or quirky coding for the browser to display the page properly. Since so many people still use IE, website designers still have to program a lot of work arounds for things that don’t work right in IE, but work fine in all the other browsers. It’s pretty sad really that Microsoft can’t get this right and it makes for a lot of extra work when designing webpages.

So make the switch to Firefox!
It's fast, it's free, and it's easy.

www.firefox.com

I think most people just use whatever comes pre-installed with their operating system and if they gave Firefox a try, they wouldn't switch back.

Anyone here love Firefox? Or anyone that won't switch to it for some reason that I don't know about? Let's hear it.

Something else worth the download is Google toolbar. It's got a lot of features but the Translator alone makes it worth downloading so you can go to XS650 sites in German or Dutch and read them.

Yup, been using it for a couple years now, pretty please with it. The google translator sound nice though.

Well I'm glad to see a few people are using it. Maybe this thread will help convince others to make the switch.

I've been using firefox for years now,:thumbsup:started using it because it has a better firewall than others, and was fed up with pop ups all the time..

I use Chrome at home and love it. If you haven't tried it, you should.

P.S. switched to Windows 7 on dec 25, LOVE IT!!!

:laugh: @ inxs and jay

Curt, I really have been meaning to try Chrome. What do you like about it?

I've been using Windows 7 for about a month now and also really like it! :thumbsup:

:laugh: @ inxs and jay

Curt, I really have been meaning to try Chrome. What do you like about it?

I've been using Windows 7 for about a month now and also really like it! :thumbsup:

Chrome is simple and FAST! No plugs in but its just so easy and did I mention FAST.:thumbsup:

This post is using Chrome! I like what I see! A lot more real estate to view webpages since there aren't so many tool bars turned on by default (I know this can be changed in other browsers). A very nice spell check too!

It's nice to have a choice.. I'm still going to stick with Firefox for the most part.. Better support for things like google translator! You'd think google's own browser (chrome) would at least have the functionality of the google toolbar used with other browsers. I guess they're still working on "extensions" for chrome that will include a translator.

Been using Firefox for years and think it is great. The main reason was the hackers left it alone as Firefox doesn't have the market share to warrant these scumbags time and effort.

Chrome has tracking features that big brother (Microsoft) have have been trying to install for years

From what i understand it tracks your web movements and stores the info so they can use it for future references and upgrades for chrome. I remember reading about it when chrome first come out. I thought chrome wasn't compatible with a lot of other non Microsoft software as well

They did that with the Pentium 3 processor but had to turn off the device that collected the info as it breached privacy rights

Back