Wires on the dual output coil xs14-0900

Shabba

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Installed the pamco plate as per the instructions on yamahaxs650.com. No problem. But here is where it gets a little confusing for me. The instructions say to connect the red/white wire from key switch to post on the coil. No problem, and green wire to other post no problem. Black to ground. All good. So the two wire coming out of the coil dual output xs14-0900 has a black/white and a blue wire, what are those? I thought the black/white wire would be ground as well and the blue wire would be connected to the keyed battery switch?

Yes I've searched yes I've gone to the website and no I haven't found out what those wires are for.
Any insight clarification would be great!!!!

Thanks

Rene

Last edited:
On the coil hook one wire from the coil to the green wire, hook the other to power. On a dual output coil the wire colors don't matter. The coil doesn't ground, The Pamco grounds the coil.
On the Pamco Red to power. Green to coil. Black to ground.
I take the red/white wire from the bike, this is power, Hook both the red wire from the Pamco and one wire from the coil together and hook them both to the red wire. This way the engine stop switch controls both the Pamco and coil.
Leo

This is what I came up with….does this look correct?

[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• pamco_zps1a0bf0c9.jpg
    pamco_zps1a0bf0c9.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 3
Simply put, yes. But Pamcopete recommends fusing the power to the Pamco and coil with a 7.5 amp fuse. If the coil goes bad and shorts out, it can take the Pamco with it. An inline fuse holder w/ 7.5 amp fuse on the power wire from the ignition switch will protect against that.

Back