WTF pictures

1703603513161.png
1703603531359.png
1703603551518.png

It's officially Christmas.

https://www.wilx.com/video/2023/12/21/salvation-army-red-kettle-stolen-jackson-grocery-store/

Salvation Army red kettle stolen from Jackson grocery store​

Published: Dec. 21, 2023 at 5:45 PM GMT-5|Updated: Dec. 21, 2023 at 6:00 PM GMT-5

My friend an I have an unofficial bet on when the first report comes in. If no kettle is stolen, then it's a break in and theft of charity toys. The sympathy donations usually far outnumber the original ones, which leads us to be somewhat suspicious.

We don't need no stink'n weight n balance!

Was this the disboarding whoopsi?
Some airline forced steerage to stay in their seats till all the forward passengers were off the plane. Boomp with all that weight aft and none forward she sat on her ass on the ramp.

Last edited:
Friend of mine who worked in Air Traffic at RAF Leuchars told me about a Nimrod emergency landing. The Nimrod being a maritime reconnaissance plane descended from the old Comet airliner.

The Nimrod was having problems one of which - the nose wheel would not deploy. The landing was made with all the emergency tenders racing along the runway either side of the Nimrod spraying fire suppressant foam to make a suitably slippy surface for the anticipated crash landing. But the pilot touched down on the main wheels and was able to maintain the balance until the plane was almost stopped. At which point, it nosed forward and slid a few final feet. The only damage was minor abrasion to the nose wheel doors. Gordon said the RAF always writes a comprehensive report after an incident. In this case - clearly, life in ATC at a military station does allow enough time to read reports - the total cost to the taxpayer was listed as £5 for one can of spray paint to repair the nosewheel doors.

We don't need no stink'n weight n balance!

Was this the disboarding whoopsi?
Some airline forced steerage to stay in their seats till all the forward passengers were off the plane. Boomp with all that weight aft and none forward she sat on her ass on the ramp.
Evidently this was a hard take-off rotation to avoid another airplane using the same runway for a landing... Caught on camera!
https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending...oid-landing-plane/YD6XIG7XGFEUHD6DGDBO6IH5TU/

Back