WTF pictures

These historic pictures keep popping up when I open up Facebook. Just reminds me how lucky most of us are. Tough times back then.

FF4AA56B-DEBD-4142-BDCA-AE208E307D1B.png

These historic pictures keep popping up when I open up Facebook. Just reminds me how lucky most of us are. Tough times back then.

View attachment 235727
1936 before things got REALLY rough....
Been reading Blood and ruins : the last imperial war, 1931-1945 a historian's facts and figures tome.
The humanity comes through.

No pictures, but a similar situation. When I was on the fire department, we got a call for a moose vs. car accident.

Arrived on scene and the car was topless, the moose was deader than a hammer laying in the ditch and the woman driving the car was still inside.

Her seat back broke and she was laying back, covered in broken glass and moose breakfast. The A pillar had sliced that moose open from asshole to appetite and the contents of his stomach were all over everything. She kept trying to wipe at her eyes so she could open them. We cautioned her against it until we douched her down with saline solution to wash her off.

That's as close as I ever came to losing my lunch at an accident scene. DAMN, that stunk!

What you've never seen a real snowmobile?
Lots of the early snowmobile inventing was here in Wisconsin and next door in Minnesota.
My first snowmobile ride was on one of these;
View attachment 236203

Very cool Design
Very cool Name
For Very cool climate
How did it sell and what motor in there. Do you get exhaust fumes in your face.

Back