XS650 Craigslist postings depository

http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/2974147741.html
XS650 CHOPPER - $4750 (Montrose)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-04-23, 8:07AM MDT
Reply to: qzxrv-2974147741@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

81 xs 650 with TC bros hardtail, new pistons and valves. I built this bike over a year ago and have been riding the sheet out of it. I am pro motorcycle mechanic and it is good to go. 970 819 2106

Last edited:
There's one on st.louis Craigslist for $550. Says it needs a tune up. It is not mine. Thought someone might be interested. Sorry for no link.

Looks like a good candidate, at more like about $800. The carbs were recently or are still leaking, The cylinder head gasket is leaking, I can about guarantee there is at least one more problem probably ignition or charging related. None of those are deal killers if you are willing to get your hands dirty and learn. If you just want to get on and ride this year go looking for something about 15-20 years newer.
From the ad and looking, that bike sat somewhere a long time and the owner took it out to get it running to sell. He didn't even bother to wipe off the dust, so he just wants it gone. Check to make sure the new tires are NEW and not old tires that have no miles on them, DOT dates are stamped on them. It's been down (most have) If the seller is the long term owner he might cut you $lack if you show a sincere desire to take care of the bike and love it like it needs. Odds are it will need fork seals and about $200 of other misc work. Front brakes WILL need to be overhauled. Looks like it's been kept inside it's whole life. Would be good first bike if you like to ride AND wrench a bit.

xs1100 1979 classic muscle - $1500 (frisco co. summit)
high rockies craigslist

Reply to: wsh34-2992805472@sale.craigslist.org

this is the classic muscle bike of the 70s-80s tons of topend very fast set up for touring,full dress u know, even have big kc lights on front for nighttime animal action.new rubber new carbjob good seat. turn signals need love i just hand signal,id tour to anywhere on it today,runs like a champ,gets 49-46mpg. payed $3000 afew years back for her plus hudereds in tires&other stuff.hopefully these pics. help if they dont work i will email u some.thanks happy ride ride
office # ask for jas 97zero five44 fourzerofive7 great price$ should go fast let me know?

My advice? Get that thing out in some light and take better pictures. Look at the bike and describe what you see, tires brakes chain etc they want info. Post your phone number. Tell em why you are selling.
You are a seller you have to make an effort to present your item in an attractive way. I think it might pop at a G. But without better pics it's so hard to tell.

Gary, sold 6 bikes this year (shsh) I tend to take 15 to 20 BIG pics and post em up on a web page, put link to the page in the craigs ad. My buyers seldom even look at the bike once they get here, they just hand me the cash and ride off. Seriously I find it hard to believe how little they even look at what is sitting in front of them. Must be those pics.

Yeah I realized the pictures were super crappy. I updated it with new pics so hopefully that gets me some interest. Maybe it was a slow weekend cause in the last hour I've had several emails.

Posted via Mobile

Back