xs650 with Ducati 996 rotor and 999 caliper

My question pertains to how to mount the rear master cylinder and also the connection to activate the brake lamp switch... I'm using a drum brake swing arm... so we'll both need some development work to make these items function properly. Any pictures of what you develop would be very helpful and much appreciated.

I made something similar - used pandemonium kit, Mikes XS performance rotor and 65mm gold Brembo. Got a rebuild kit for the Brembo with new pistons and seals also. Had to mess around making a 6mm rotor spacer (instead of the 4mm one that comes with the pandemonium kit as the offset is different on the mikes rotor) and a couple of spacers for the mounting plate. Wheel is at powder coaters right now, but will take a photo when i get it back...:thumbsup:

My question pertains to how to mount the rear master cylinder and also the connection to activate the brake lamp switch... I'm using a drum brake swing arm... so we'll both need some development work to make these items function properly. Any pictures of what you develop would be very helpful and much appreciated.

I can't speak to all the issues you're asking about, but at least for the brake light, I used a banjo bolt with an integrated pressure switch.

What kind of rear hub is that in #14?
Ive been trying to find an old kosman spool rear hub for one of my kaw projects,but that hub looks like it would be a good starting point:thumbsup:

I made something similar - used pandemonium kit, Mikes XS performance rotor and 65mm gold Brembo. Got a rebuild kit for the Brembo with new pistons and seals also. Had to mess around making a 6mm rotor spacer (instead of the 4mm one that comes with the pandemonium kit as the offset is different on the mikes rotor) and a couple of spacers for the mounting plate. Wheel is at powder coaters right now, but will take a photo when i get it back...:thumbsup:

Did the Mikesxs Performance rotor come with a rotor spacer? I was reading a thread by KevC and he talked about a 7.9 mm aluminum spacer.

Did the Mikesxs Performance rotor come with a rotor spacer? I was reading a thread by KevC and he talked about a 7.9 mm aluminum spacer.

The Pandemonium mounting kit comes with a large rotor spacer thats 4.5mm thick. What i ended up doing was making a 6mm rotor spacer. The mikes disc is much thinner than stock and has much less offset, so the 4.5mm spacer wasnt enough (caliper would hit the hub).
What the Mikes rotor includes is 2 brass spacers that are, yeh i think about 7.5mm thick. I used the brass spacers to position the mounting plate and calliper correctly so it was centered over the rotor. You can see them in pic 2. I had to do a tiny bit of messing around to get it all even, and file them down to 4.5mm but in the end i think it worked well.
Tomorrow i pick up my hub, and all those parts from the powdercoater and replacement fork and i can start putting the front end back together....

Attachments

• caliper 3.jpg
    caliper 3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 192
  • caliper one.jpg
    caliper one.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 189
  • caliper 2.jpg
    caliper 2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 195
Your front brake is looking real nice,wherearewe.

I've used my Brembo calipers (front and rear) for one season now, and they give excellent braking. However, what I'm finding is the semi-metallic pads, that came with the Brembo calipers, are scoring my stock rotors rather badly. The semi-metallics may be OK on stainless rotors (such as used on Ducati bikes), but not really compatible with my stock Yami rotors, which are a softer steel .

I'm thinking now of buying one of Mikesxs performance rotors for my front, to replace my stock rotor. Since they are advertised as stainless, they should be able to handle the semi-metallic pads. The semi-metallic pads have a really good feel and bite.

I'll continue to use my stock rotor on the back wheel, but I'll buy some organic pads, which will not be so damaging to the rotor.

On Mikes performance rotor, is the centre carrier steel or aluminum?

Back