2 bikes no title

nwhitehorne

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
as i have said before this is my first bobber. i have 2 bikes a 1980 and a 1979 that came together for short money. neither have a title though. i have seen some posts asking for titled frames. am i not going to be able to register if i just have a bill of sale and no title?

If your in Vermont your all set, all you need is a bill of sale if your bike is older than 1997 ;)

All I had to do was have an officer vin check my bike to make sure it wasn't stolen.

Did you end up getting ahold of Xander?

i sent him an email but haven't heard back. i had found the bikes before you got me his name but i am sure i will need stuff he has as the build goes. thanks for the contact and info.

I'm going to be playing the new title game soon, too. Unfortunately, I imagine it will be like every other experience Ive had when dealing with the gubment here in CA- a tremendous and unnecessary pain in the ass.

no thats ok Samuraiace i'm not in a rush he will git in touch when he has time. thanks though.

hey Spent good luck with that.

Spent; oddly I have "heard" California is one of the more reasonable title states. As long as it isn't in the "system" it's pretty easy, cop looks at the vin bike has to resemble a runner, they run the VIN for stolen or "in the system". If it's not you are in. On the other hand if it it's in the system and the bike has not been registered for a while you are basically f##ked with large amounts of back registration and fines owed.

Thanks Gary. I was gone for a day or two, and just saw this. Thats about what Ive heard. Hopefully going to go in the next few days to get the vin verified. Im hoping its not too much of a pain.

Back