'78 BS38 Enricher housing screw size?

Johnt3

Still learning...
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody knows what the size of the three screws that hold the choke housings on are. Mine are buggered up pretty good,thought about getting some stainless cap screws to replace them.

Yes, M4 x 12. That size will also fit your float bowls and choke lever. Your carb tops take M5 x 16 where there are brackets, M5 x 14 where there are no brackets. Might as well do them all up.

Thank you 5twins,but I already beat ya to it! Other than the choke lever... I'll be buying 7 4x12's then.:D
5twins, thank you for the pilot jet size tip, they seem to be working out great.Dead spot is gone and the throttle response is way smoother.Still have some tuning to do...

Yep, it's "the one" for the '78-'79 carb set until you clean the ports up during a top end job. Then they pull harder and flow better, and you can drop back down to a 30.

But by "clean", I mean a little grinding, not just carbon removal. It really does help. You won't be pulling wheelies off the line or anything, but it does make the motor run better in my opinion.

Back