78 "Simple is clean" Bratstyle Build

was going to follow the build. got worried when i saw how the frame was cut. then saw the Visual Impact Kit and realized it wasn't brat style and checked out.

Ah hell. What's in a name? Chopper, bobber, bratstyle. It's his bike. He can call it whatever he wants. BTW, I like the look. Good job.

Nice looking chop. Please post some defile pics of the rear fender and maybe electronics box.

Posted via Mobile

Id just like to say this is probably the best looking xs build ive ever see. Probably has something to do with the fact it is nearly identical to what i was planning on doing. lol

On a side note, fenders are over rated and who cares what people classify the bike as.

looks tight man congrats
what did you end up using for the spring under the seat?
i had so much trouble finding one that worked for me

phonephotos1232.jpg

phonephotos1233.jpg

phonephotos1224.jpg

phonephotos1234.jpg

phonephotos1236.jpg

Looks rad.

Id be at least putting some decals over the HD though!

Do you know what moped the tank is off of? I love it.

Thanks and Yeah, I know I need to get the HD off. I like the colors, but I defintely need to get that off there. I plan to take the bike back apart this winter and finalize everything and paint the tank. As of right now I have no idea of what to do for a design.

The moped tank is off of a Puch Cobra. I've got another XS that I picked up, I'm thinking I may actually use that tank on it.

Hey, did you use Burly shocks on your brat build?

Yes I did. I bought the wrong ones though. I believe the ones I got are for a HD Dyna, way too stiff. I'm 170Lbs and they don't compress.

Ah hell. What's in a name? Chopper, bobber, bratstyle. It's his bike. He can call it whatever he wants. BTW, I like the look. Good job.

Thank you for that sir.

Honestly who cares what I call this bike. Trust me, there are much worse things you could be concerned with.

looks tight man congrats
what did you end up using for the spring under the seat?
i had so much trouble finding one that worked for me

The shock under the seat is a Rock Shox Monarch 4.1 rear mountain bike shock. I stole it from my mountain bike. I'm probably going to take it off though, only because I don't want to spend $120 bucks to get back on the trail.

I couldn't decide between the rebel or burly shocks. Finally picked up the rebels the other night from ebay. Did you prefer one over the other? Or did you even get to ride on the rebels. How is that master cylinder working out for you? Also where did you mount your regulator? It looks like you have a capacitor and coil tucked in the box below. I've been riding a clean brat for the past year with minimal wiring and decided to chop the back and shorten it. I rebuilt and lowered the forks 3" Stumbled upon your build and enjoyed all the detail you gave us. Pix of electronics location and regulator would be sweet if you have time. one more question.. which coil you running. thanks.

Love it! Very similar to what I'd like to do. Are you going to paint/powder the headlamp housing? That cream color is distracting, at least to me.

I don't really care for the idea of a suspended seat on a swingarm bike, but the way the seat looks floating above the seat rails is badass. I'm gonna have to consider that and maybe find a way to duplicate that look. Too cool.

How was that shock under the seat? Was it fairly adjustable or stiff? Was toying with that idea for my hard tail for a different look than springs or rock shocks, but I didn't think they would be soft enough. Lemme know.

Love the build, very cool.

Back