adjust acceleration with trottle

Panagiotis

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have a 1974 yamaha xs650 and curently i have synchronized my carburator , but the thing is that when accelerating , it seams to have a probleme in the adjustement. Does anybody know how to adjust throttle cable when accelerating??

The throttle cable adjusters are in the metal cable elbows that enter the throttle grip.
Here's some excerpts from the owner/service manuals that may help.

Attachments

• ThrottleXS1a.jpg
    ThrottleXS1a.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 169
  • ThrottleXS1b .jpg
    ThrottleXS1b .jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 163
  • ThrottleXS2 .jpg
    ThrottleXS2 .jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 161
  • ThrottleTX650 .jpg
    ThrottleTX650 .jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 148
It might be good to explain what you mean by problem in the adjustment when accelerating? Have you oiled the cable and greased the throttle barrel where it spins on the handlebar?

Thanks TwoManyXS1Bs the bike runs great, but the thing is i noticed that i fuel it by mistake with normal fuel instead of suprem ,i flushed everything adjusted the two throttles and the bike is going great!:thumbsup:

I have a other question at the same time, what sprockets can i use to make my RPM's drop lower on highway, is there a chart that I can refer.

Check your Sprockets. Some Canadian models had a 36 Tooth rear sprocket. Standard US models had 34 tooth rear and Euro models had a 33 tooth rear.

A lot are going 17/32, 17/33 would be ideal for your bike having an 18' rear wheel

Pamcopete has a sprocket/wheel/overdrive 5th gear chart on here somewhere

Changing tooth counts by decreasing the rear drops rpms about 100 rpms per tooth, at 55-60 mph. Increasing the front, one tooth drops about 200 rpms.
Leo

Back