Reaction score
IMG_3211.jpeg
IMG_3212.jpeg
IMG_3213.jpeg
IMG_3214.jpeg
IMG_3215.jpeg
IMG_3217.jpeg
IMG_3218.jpeg

I acquired this bike about a week ago. It’s a one owner machine, or it was before it got dropped here. It came from a close friend.

I know the brake fluid is original. The tires both have a 2003 date on them. I assume fork oil is original too. I don’t believe there’s anything to do other than servicing. There’s no gasoline in it. It does not have the OE Koito headlamp.

If you want to know what an original Special II looks like, this is it.

View attachment 256145View attachment 256146View attachment 256147View attachment 256148View attachment 256149View attachment 256150View attachment 256151

I acquired this bike about a week ago. It’s a one owner machine, or it was before it got dropped here. It came from a close friend.

I know the brake fluid is original. The tires both have a 2003 date on them. I assume fork oil is original too. I don’t believe there’s anything to do other than servicing. There’s no gasoline in it. It does not have the OE Koito headlamp.

If you want to know what an original Special II looks like, this is it.
Wow! Super clean find !

Other than the one-year-only brass floats, this is a pretty good year. But if the carbs were drained, the floats should be OK. Last '80 set I refurbed weren't drained, and the gas varnish ate holes in the floats, lol. We replaced them with plastic ones because I feel they're better (solid foam plastic so they can't go bad). They're also a couple dollars cheaper than that oddball brass float. I got them from Suzuki, same float but much better price .....

PlasticFloat2.jpg

Back