Another one, brat in the making

SangreDeDios

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Ughhh, i hate to use the term but here is a "brat" project im working on.
Picked up a roller a while back, got a title and i have a spare motor that im gonna be using in it.

It looked like this when i picked it up.

IMG01137.jpg

Took it to a local guy and had the seat rails redone. The wassell tank is going on it.
I'll probably use some lower bars, not really feeling these high bars on it.
Tomorrow i'll be putting the motor in, got some crazy exhaust that came off of an old xs hill climber, we'll see if it'll fit or not.
Plans include a pamco ignition for the motor and possibly a banshee swap for charging, if i can afford them some mikuni roundslides or maybe mike's keihin carbs. I'll be shaving the front end (but keeping the front brake).
Headlight and taillight and not much else. Very bare bones.

What do you guys think?

IMG01168.jpg

IMG01169.jpg

IMG01172.jpg

IMG01175.jpg

IMG01176.jpg

and a sneak peak of the "spare parts" build that im also working on.

IMG01166.jpg

Why do you hate bratstyle? their bikes are rad.

People get hung up on the term Bratstyle. I doesnt bother me at all, Id rather say Ive got a brat then a swing arm bobber. They and other shops like Gravel crew made this style something alot of us like. So why not call it after them?

Looking good! I love to know where you picked up those bars. That's just the set I'm looking for.

They are Biltwell Frisco bars.

Why do you hate bratstyle? their bikes are rad.

I don't hate bratstyle at all, their bikes are sweet. I just feel weird when I hear the term since they're a shop, not a style of bike. However they've pretty much coined the term by now so I guess bratstyle is a valid style.
Its all good. :)

Is that an SB&F frame?

Stock frame with seat rails modified.

Thanks for the info.

I think the bars are spot on. Most of the builds I see have pretty tall/narrow bars.

Build what you like! I like it!

put the motor in, swapped the bars. I definitely like the lower bars better, just not sure if ill be using these.
the old hill climber exhaust i had did not fit so its up for sale in the classifieds.
I think i might run fenderless, i kinda like the look, just not sure if my back is gonna like being covered in dirt.
Also slimmed the seat down a little, it seemed to wide to me.
More to come, im done for the day.

IMG01180.jpg

IMG01184.jpg

IMG01188.jpg

IMG01190.jpg

Here is the seat set up, pivot in the front, the back rests on some automotive stops.
I might cut them down a little so the seat is a little lower.

IMG01186.jpg

IMG01185.jpg

I was planning on hardtailing this one originally but i've always wanted to do a "brat" type of a bike so i decided to go with that.
Next i'll be shaving the forks and trying to wrap this seat.

Anyone know a good source for seat foam??

Back