anybody looking for 2 complete stock frames with serial #s?

im checking to see if they are titled or not. i could title bond them easy enough but id have to see what they would go for to see if it would be worth MY time to buy them and bond them and then turn around and re-sell them. if you guys give me an idea what a titled frame goes for ill know if its even worth my time or if dude can just have at it.

I would not bother. I have a clear title frame and no one wants to pay more than $100 and then shipping is a hassle. I have decided to hold on to any I come across....:shrug:

Bonding is no good in NC either. A couple of years ago I bonded a dump truck, got a title, spent 2 grand repairing and upgrading the truck, bought tags $800.oo, insurance-- another grand-- and put it on the road AFTER it was physically inspected and approved by DMV. Three months later the Sheriff's Department came by and returned the truck to its original owner who hadn't seen the truck in several years.

So I went back to the bonding agency expecting to get back some of my losses only to learn that the bond is paid to insure the DMV so the state doesn't have to take a loss.

Thus, part of my reasoning behind the founding of StolenMotorcycle.net.

Yeah, $100 for a titled frame is about what I'd give. when you can get whole bikes that can be made running easily, for a few hundred, it's hard to justify more for the frame.
-=PO

Thus the reason I am hanging on to the ones I have. I think the days of finding whole bikes for a couple hundred have started to disappear, at least around here. It is really not worth the time to try and ship a frame for $100

Yeah, $100 for a titled frame is about what I'd give. when you can get whole bikes that can be made running easily, for a few hundred, it's hard to justify more for the frame.
-=PO

need to know information fellas. i georgia you title bond a bike and get the title and thats the end of it to my knowledge. before you go to the bonding company you have the sheriff come out and run the serial number. then he gives you a clearance letter you take to the bonding company and you title it. i've never heard of anybody ending up losing something that later comes up hot or something. the sheriff checks it to make sure its not stolen or has any liens against it so when i bond and title my bike im working on right now(which i have to do) they will come take it out of my cold dead hands.

I would not bother. I have a clear title frame and no one wants to pay more than $100 and then shipping is a hassle. I have decided to hold on to any I come across....:shrug:

Bunch of tight A$$es wouldn't you say:laugh:Where you located at?

need to know information fellas. i georgia you title bond a bike and get the title and thats the end of it to my knowledge. before you go to the bonding company you have the sheriff come out and run the serial number. then he gives you a clearance letter you take to the bonding company and you title it. i've never heard of anybody ending up losing something that later comes up hot or something. the sheriff checks it to make sure its not stolen or has any liens against it so when i bond and title my bike im working on right now(which i have to do) they will come take it out of my cold dead hands.

Same in NC but there are exceptions. In the case of my dump truck, the previous owner had a fleet of trucks and didn't realize that one had gone missing until the state sent him a letter to verify what they had done with the title. Then, he reported the truck stolen.

Now granted, not many people have fleets of motorcycles but old motorcycles are often reported stolen months or longer after they're stolen because they were stored in an out of the way place and not discovered missing for quite some time.

Then there's the a**hole who sells or gives away a bike for junk and gets POed (or greedy) when the letter comes in the mail that indicates the bike he's holding a title for suddenly has value... It's his word against your word and he's holding a title.

Or the mechanics lien title that was rushed through a couple of days too early or too late. Garages, body shops and junk yards get burned for this stuff all the time but the fines they pay don't cover the car, truck or motorcycle lost by the buyer. Sure, you can take them to court but can you afford to hire the lawyer?

Now I know most of you reading this believe a bond is all you need but you're wrong. I buy thousands of vehicles a year at the scrap yard I manage and I can tell you from experience, this stuff happens everyday. If it doesn't have a title then it's scrap metal-- nothing more.

And while not every state is as difficult as some, all are quickly moving in that direction.

Get a title or don't get the bike, truck or car.

And don't fall for 3rd party titles either.

But hey, I know most of you don't believe me, neither do the idiots who come on my yard wanting to buy junkers and fix them up. I try my best to warn them but they think me crazy and buy my junk anyway. Then later they sell me the same junkers back for 1/4 of what I charged them because they got burned on the title.

Finally, there's the salvage title issue. Once a vehicle has been junked the title is rendered void and a new salvage title must be issued. Problem is, salvage titled vehicles have almost no resale value because everyone assumes they were wrecked beyond safe repair even if they were never wrecked at all.

And yes, they will pry it from your cold dead hands.

Last edited:

Currently I don't need any titled frames but if I did I would have no issue with paying quite a bit more than $100 for a titled frame as a simple lost title application is $200 where I live. And it doesn't end there.

they will have to! bastards! heh. nah, im sure getting burned puts the cynical taste in your mouth but ive not heard of anybody i personally know have any problems and i already had to do it with one bike and did not have problem one and the process was fairly painless. but im sure shit DOES happen. i know where the guy lives that sold me my bike so if shit goes south with that HE'S gonna have some splaining to do. thats what i dont get about your dumptruck, bill. how did somebody sell you something that didnt belong to them and why arent they in jail?

I've written before about my friend getting his car taking 'cuz the original owner got a duplicate title.
In Delaware if you don't have it inspected by the DMV first, no title.
If the title you get from the po is not an original (duplicate) or is questionable, forget it.
Same thing with Md and Pa.
One of the problems I've seen is the states that don't require titles if the vehicle is of a certain age and similar factors. That's great if you live in that state, but screws you, the seller, and the buyer. I will never, ever buy another vehicle unless it has a clean title. Why do people get rid of titles? I would consider them an important document.
There are too many other cars/bikes out there with clean titles. I'm not paying some company a bunch of money and then find out there is another problem. i.e. the post I had about title companies requiring the bike to be road worthy before they get you a title.

That's funny I was looking for a frame on here and all I got was frames for 3 to 500. Man you guys are confusing. Worse than women.

Back