For Sale - Big bore kits $350???

@gggGary...........

Maybe if the conversation went something like this

My apologies, didn't know about this problem, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Service, accountability and my reputation is very important to me.
I have checked the remaining stock and for some reason it seems to be an intermittent problem.

For you guys who have bought the BBK with the 10mm holes could you please get in touch with me and we can come to some arrangement. I want to make this right

Has anyone installed this kit yet? I cannot get the cylinder to go over the studs. It goes on about an inch and stops. I even tried a rubber hammer. That made things worse. I then had a hard time getting the cylinder off. It looks like the cylinder holes were not drilled correctly.
Bill

oof.... I was going to buy one of these literally tomorrow...second thoughts now. Please keep me updated.

Sent em an email a few days ago, the reply I got was basically were so overwhelmed just ship it back for a refund.

everything else on the kit seems to be in order so I think I’ll just drill em out and run it.

20210329_092330.jpg

*Note, a 10.5mm reamer measures .413" which is also the chart size for a "Letter Z" drill.
It seems to me a 10.5mm reamer would easily do a good job improving both the size and finish quality while even attempting to straighten out finish blemishes. (fitment)
Depending of course on the actual hole size you have there.
-R

View attachment 187986
*Note, a 10.5mm reamer measures .413" which is also the chart size for a "Letter Z" drill.
It seems to me a 10.5mm reamer would easily do a good job improving both the size and finish quality while even attempting to straighten out finish blemishes. (fitment)
Depending of course on the actual hole size you have there.
-R
Yeah... a 10.5mm ream would be ideal. When I saw how crappy the holes were, that was my first thought, just clean 'em up with a ream. Unfortunately, all my reams are from my airplane days and are short little buggers.... too short. :(

My :twocents:
I think when I size the holes in mine it will be fine. Holes are in correct spots. Couple of guys have checked the bore/piston clearance and thought it was good.
I got a hunch the out of stock is because he is checking and reworking the existing stock. If they come back at the same price I'm thinking of buying a couple more.
This has to be a nightmare for him. Bunch of expensive stock he has to spend time, money and effort to make sure is OK. Plus dealing with the ones sold that people may want to return. He could have handled his response here better.

This has to be a nightmare for him. Bunch of expensive stock he has to spend time, money and effort to make sure is OK. Plus dealing with the ones sold that people may want to return. He could have handled his response here better.

I'v done a lot of contract work. When i made a mistake the only thing to do was fix it. It was my time and at times i had to eat the expense of replacing something that couldn't be repaired.............part and parcel of the business.......now i could have spat the dummy and ranted and raved but that only made the mistake worse by letting it eat me. Or i could have run away without telling the owner or who i was contracted to and burned my reputation........

Joe, Straw man, has possibly, (operative word), sold up to 50 units. he has records of those sold. Not hard to contact them and sort something out, either give them a cash amount or eat the return post. By the response on here, most aren't too concerned as the solution is a simple fix. the nightmare is in Straw mans head, with communication there is a chance most wont even want a settlement as they have the means to fix the barrels and consider the price as more than reasonable.

Wheres, Joe.
(straw man)

I don’t know what 650Traders real connection with the website is but he doesn’t do it any favors, not much for customer service that’s for sure.

Ive placed 3 orders through them with the mindset that I’m on my own if there are any problems which seems to be the case with most discount online retailers. So far everything else was in order and shipped quickly.

4into1 comes to mind. If you got a question or a problem... go pound sand haha (returns are fairly easy if you wanna pay the return shipping cost). Prices are cheap though.

Everything comes with a cost... I’m guessing the cost of customer service is what’s deducted from the price and as long as your pretty self sufficient and got a little times it can be worth it.

All that said, pretty big QC error and it doesn’t seem that any are actually correct (at least no ones chimed in).

he has records of those sold. Not hard to contact them and sort something out,
Sent em an email a few days ago, the reply I got was basically were so overwhelmed just ship it back for a refund.
I agree he could and should be proactive with the problem. I think what he's doing is waiting to see who has a bad kit. If they contact him with a bad kit he should offer some kind of remuneration other than sending it back.
I think you and I both agree his people skills suck!!!

they may need reaming
If they had came with that disclaimer.... at the $350 price point, I wouldn't have batted an eye. If Joe had commented with a mea culpa.... no problem... had mine fixed by the time he commented anyway. Still.... leaves a bad taste...

Back