check this out! brand new never started 1983 Yamaha XS650 on ebay

I personally saw 6 brand new Pentons in crates at a local bike shop.

My wife wouldn't lend me enough money to buy one.:D

I wonder what happened to those crated Nortons. :bike: :confused: :shrug:

dunlup gold seal f11 was the stock front tire for this bike, its what i have on mine.

That's pretty cool. If your ever in St. Louis stop by Donelsons cycles they've got some pretty cool / historic bikes. They even have a rotary Norton which I never new existed. Some flat trackers, etc.

Back in '73 I worked at Donelson's, I saw him load up a Triumph Hurricane Triple in the crate. He did that alot, his basement was full I think. Probably got a Goldstar or two somewhere in there.

No, as the name implies, I'm in Ok now. Don't get up there too often anymore. Carl Donelson had 3 stores, one on St Charles Rock Road, one down on Gravois, and one in Flat River Mo. At one time he was I believe the largest BSA dealer in the world. David Aldana, Neil Keen, all kinds of Triumph and BSA racers used to come by. I believe his daughter Kim runs everything now. Buddy of mine that worked there is now sales manager at Bruce Rossmeyer Harley Davidson in Daytona. He said last year sales were down, they only sold 3 hundred some odd bikes during bike week. 2009 they over 700! In ten days! Like to have some commission off that.

Hey Okie did you work at the St. Charles rock rd store? That's where my dad his 72 XS650. Carl still was in the last time I was in there last year.

Yes, the store used to be just off the corner of Woodson Rd and St Charles RR. Back in the early 70's I worked there for a short time, mostly taking old gray framed BSA's and making chopper's out them. extend the forks and put a fiberglass tank and custom seat. He sold a bunch of them. He sold Triumph, BSA and Yamaha then. I remember he had a Norton John Player Special on the floor once. Carl will never retire, he's a bit of an odd duck, but he knows his stuff. He even offered to help me with a bike I owned then, 1952 K model. He owned one at some point. There's not much he doesn't know or can't do. The last time I was in there was ten or twelve years ago, and Carl was there. He's probably got a couple pristine XS1's stashed somewhere.

Interesting. Like I said I will have to look into him whenever I'm up in STL next. My lil brother is up there and I'm going to give him a CX500. Maybe if I took him around and showed him a couple of non harley choppers it will help him decide on what he wants to do with it.

I was watching an episode of Cafe Racer about a guy who cafe'd (is that a term?) a CX500 Honda. Turned out pretty nice. I would like to see just what sort of bikes Carl has stashed. Much more than what he has on display I'm sure

Okie my dad was the captain of police in Breckenridge Hills at the time. My first MC memories are riding on the back of the police trike when he would "Borrow" it. Then the XS.

Okie my dad was the captain of police in Breckenridge Hills at the time. My first MC memories are riding on the back of the police trike when he would "Borrow" it. Then the XS.

I grew up in Florissant. I see Kawasaki H2's going for big bucks on flebay, I don't see why a really nice XS couldn't go for over 7K. Has anyone ever seen a 1969 model?

Back