Cleaning up and reusing spokes?

You could always learn how to spoke and true the wheel yourself. Then the cost would be less than $100, just the cost of the new spokes. And speaking of old spokes, yes, save them. Besides the possibility of needing one for an emergency repair, they can be fashioned into some nifty little "special tools". Cut off at different angles and lengths, they make nice pokers, probes, or pin punches. I usually use old BMW spokes because they're the straight "nail" type with no bent end. You can tap on the ends with a hammer if need be .....

CIuoU4A.jpg

7Hu09bi.jpg

nfVjS2L.jpg

The one on the left is a special "special tool". The end has been drilled into slightly, "dimpled" you could say. Why you ask? This "special tool" is for working with the small spring-loaded balls you find in many handlebar control assemblies or like the detent ball for the BS34 choke rods. The little ball sets right in the end of the tool (a dab of grease helps to hold it) so you can install it .....

JrRBEwY.jpg

M5AF9aC.jpg

YsNhyKm.jpg

Been a loooooooooong time since anybody called me "young man".

SWMBO has taken to calling me "Ya old fool" lately. I've refrained from returning fire. So far...

Not to worry DE - Aunt Mildred calls EVERYBODY “young man”...

Hehehehehehe.

Back