Clutch assembly questions

After reading and re-reading Pete I had become aware. I even put a little arrow in Sharpie on the outer in case I might forget!

Thats almost the same book I have. Mine has a Yellow cover and is bound with a removable steel binder. Really good pics of the carbs and how the fuel and air flow.
It has the tech bulletins that explain changes and when they did them. Very interesting info that the other books don't have.
I just got the one that covers the 70-74 models a week ago. It even tells how to rebuild a crank. Tells how to make the tools you need and a diagram to build an engine stand.
I think you will really like that book.

Help !!! 79 xs650 will not disengage, I have replaced worm gear , clutch cable,
long pushrod, friction plates, oil seals, shift shaft. Im using Valvoline 20/50 mc oil
clutch properly installed!!. I think my shift shaft gear changer from mikes xs
may be the culprit. please help thanks

Your shift shaft has nothing to do with the clutch. The shift shaft links your shift pedal to the shift drum.
The clutch just opens and closes to make stopping and shifting easier.
Generally proper adjustment, well lubed cable and worm fixes most clutch issues. The adsjustment procedure in your repair manual works very well.
Leo

thanks for the links! currently im stuck in 2nd gear cant get to neutral or 1st
clutch is working. thanks to all who post vital info that has made my mc building
experience less chaotic!!!!

Back