Cool XS Cafe

cooltouch

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Spotted this nice looking XS Cafe over at smugmug:

929992351_MUdSF-L.jpg

929997232_QmJmE-L.jpg

Can anybody identify that tank? I've seen some Suzuki tanks that look similar to that one.

Here's the link where it came from -- lots of other very cool looking bikes there too:

http://wagonerphoto.smugmug.com/Mot...tion-7-10-2010/12880815_8Zp62#929992351_MUdSF

Not all the eye candy is of the motorcyclical variety.

Yeah I think it might be a Suzi GSX tank (on this side of the pond). That reminds me, my bike needs a wash...

It looks just like a GS450e tank to me.

Attachments

• gs450e1981.jpg
    gs450e1981.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 153
Nice looking bike. How do you like it? When looking through its specs, I noted it develops 42.5 hp and weighs, um, about 380 lb? So, it's fairly light and puts out almost as much hp as an XS650. Which causes me to suspect that it's probably a fun little bike. A "beater" could make a cute cafe project, methinks. Heck, on closer inspection, it's pretty much already a cafe, isn't it?

I friggin LOVE this bike! I had a GS 450S as my first street bike when I was 16, (a long time ago!) This one I bought last year for $500. Modified the rear fender, painted fork lowers, recovered the seat, added the quarter fairing. It's actully how I got into XS650's. You see, it has BS34's, and I somehow ended up on MikesXS website searching for some jets for it. Funny how stuff happens? Anyway, yeah, it's a real fun ride. Has a counterbalancer and 6 speeds, so not as rumbly as the XS. Nice top end , not as much torque. Thinking about tearing it down this winter, but I don't know how much I'd change. I really like it the way it is.

Back