Cozy Garage

Do you have a warm cozy place to work on your bike?

• No

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • It's warm, but not cozy

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • It's cozy, but not warm.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Attached garage here. My truck stays outside so only the wife's car goes in along with my two bikes. Tennessee weather doesn't get too bad, so I use an electric heater on mild days and have a kerosene heater for when it gets really cold. Tv, stereo & internet access would make it cozy, I would say.

Attachments

• 100_3909.jpg
    100_3909.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 178
just got the radiant floor heat hooked up in my shop ( a 16x36 space in one end of a pole barn.) Been keeping it at 56 deg. which is comfortable, but here in NW Indiana it was about 10 deg. F this AM and the little 40 gal. electric water heater is struggling to keep up. 51 deg in shop this AM.
Havent done anything with the 2 XS's I bought last spring yet. I'm currently building a pair of flintlock pistols, and have a '66 305 Super Hawk cafe ahead of them.
Mikeyrx

Me for 2015 I down sized and kind of like it. I went from a 200 x 100 garage to a 15 x 25 garage at my home. Got it pretty easy.... go threw a door and can cook some food go to a CLEAN bathroom for a dump and get to take a break and play with my dog. Nobody banging on door and NO STRESS... work when I want to. I retired a couple years ago from the crazy rat race of the motorcycle world but just couldn't get both feet out. Now I am going to injoy retirement and build when I want too and do some bikes that I always wanted to build out of my TINY little garage. Just got to find some place for my HOT RODS. May have to build garage at my sons in North Carolina and keep them there. LIFE IS GOOD!:thumbsup:
HAPPY NEW YEAR and KEEP CHOPPIN
Rich

garage.jpg

mechshop.jpg

I voted "cozy, but not warm" and I'm working on that.

When I had the whole-house propane generator installed, I stubbed out a gas line to the garage.

Grandson will be here Friday/Saturday to help me finish paneling and insulating the ceiling.

When that's done, I'll be installing a ceiling mounted direct vent propane heater in the work bay. It still won't be "warm" by most people's standards, but at least I'll be able to work without an Arctic-rated bunny suit...

It occurs to me that now that there are two shop/garages in my life maybe I need to vote twice. Here is the AZ situation. Not large, not heated (not needed), not air conditioned (not here then), not well equipped. I am working on bringing it up to a useful state but the MN shop has kinda spoiled me.

Some nice facilities out there, Downeaster that's a sweet setup you've put together!

roy

Attachments

• IMG_20141113_090604962_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141113_090604962_HDR.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20141113_090659409.jpg
    IMG_20141113_090659409.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_20141118_191957870_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141118_191957870_HDR.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 193
Not cozy at the moment, but will hopefully be just that next winter. 41.5 square meter (446 sqft) insulated garage with 3 m (10ft) height. And connected to the house via the basement exit door, so no need to go outside :) The grand plan is to build a couple of interior walls, to create a constantly heated small machine/workshop with room for one bike at a time, then keep the other bikes in the other area of the garage. And I also need to install power for heating, lathe, welder, drill press, etc. That is the next project.

Dedicated "one car" bike garage under the house, super insulated but with a "normal insulated" garage door. It connects to the basement area, also about 1 car sized with a wood stove. couple of benches in there for "real cold weather" If I leave the connecting door open the garage comes up to 60's in a bit. The post office rush is over so I got some quality shop time this week.

This is the "most current" project,

vs2.jpg

Dragged home a "it'll run" road star that included the tandem axle flatbed trailer it was strapped to and a brand new never assembled harbor freight lift. THEN another titled parts r* found it's way here. (always need a parts bike :wink2:) The original tank was dented from a light low side, the parts bike had the exact same paint hidden under a lot of rattle can flat black. A quality day spent huffing acetone and this emerged, not a dent and a few TINY scratches, now doin the carb, scraped parts changeouts and found some replacement pipes.

rstar tank.JPG rdstar tanka.JPG

rdstar tank.JPG

These "runners" wandered in last fall, they're waiting in the wings for more of the usual "deferred maintenance drill".

bros.jpg
The huge beemer's great for cold weather with bun and hand warmers but that Connie, woosh that is a MACHINA!

After that the shed is FULL of projects and a few more "early" paint sets are heading to Blue Moon customs for factory paint jobs.

Funny what my dad said 50 years ago about my eyes being bigger.............. hasn't changed a whit.

Attachments

• roadstar1.JPG
    roadstar1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 163
Back