Do carb holder sizes vary between 76-77 and 77-78?

Rexxis

Almost there...
Reaction score
I ordered a set of carb boots from Ebay and they ended up not fitting my carbs.
I learned today that my carbs are from '76-'77, not '78-'79 like I thought. The ones I ordered said they would fit years '78-'83:)umm:). Here's the jump to the ad:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360477327566?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Did the bore sizes change between '77 and '78? If not, then the '78-'79 boots should work fine on '76-'77 carbs.

OD on my carbs where the boots sit is 46mm, ID of the boots I received is 42mm.

Seller is claiming I ordered wrong boots for my carb and that I received the correct items as per my order, which may be the case but I hope not..

Help me out here, Thanks

Boots
63ea1a6a.jpg

My carbs, '76-'77 yes?
56fbbdd2.jpg

BS38's from 74-79 are the same but the 78/79 BS38's have the tubes for the vacume petcocks, can still be used for the 76/77 bikes just blank off the tubes

BS34's 80-83 are different

Should be buying from JBM Industries, ethinol proof and a good price and doesnt rip you off with the postage.

If you saved into your watch list you can check out what you orded. 34mm are the 80-83 BS34's

I didn't scroll down on the ebay linjk, now that i have i see he does advertise the 78/79 carb holders as the same as the 80-83, false advertising and you would be able to go to a dispute resolution through ebay and paypal.

Show him the facts and his mistake to see if he will make good if not i would complain. If you do a disput through paypal, they take back the money back and reimburse the winning party, this can take several weeks and be prepared to answer any questions with good facts. Good luck

Last edited:
I plan on buying JBM boots but they are out of stock until September so I ordered these so I can get my engine going and tuned between now and then. I have been looking for some good info but was having trouble finding any official resources. Anybody got a link to some legit info?

I'll be sending the seller a link to this thread.

Thanks guys.

Back