Dog tags on a bike

Johnnny13

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m trying to find ideas on how to incorporate dog tags onto a bike I’m building. My wife and I are both USMC veterans and her brother is a USMC Veteran. He passed away last year and I used some of his wrenches to make a kickstand. Jump Street Customs did the work as I can’t weld. Her father also passed away (Army / Vietnam Veteran) and I’d like to incorporate his dog tags into the build. Just looking for some creative ideas.
B755F104-2D67-4CA4-8422-0F6334B5D66E.jpeg

B6EAB2F0-3BC7-4C61-A9EA-351E0FDBD091.jpeg

Maybe do custom tank badges that are shaped like dog tags with names engraved on them. Or have them riveted to the front down tubes. Be creative, your not going to use originals since older ones have SS# on them.

Incorporate them into all into the tank paint job......................I would have had the ring end facing out on the tang, otherwise very inventive

Rivet them on the points and advance covers. They've passed away... RIP.... I wouldn't worry about the SS#'s.... A Vietnam vet. most likely would have had a service number anyway and not a social#.

I wished I could find a picture of a local Marine's Roadglide. He has it painted in USMC colors with several painted on dog tags of his brothers who didn't make it back; very tasteful. I will keep looking for the pictures I took of it.
I know you want to use the real deal, but painting them may be cool too.

110D800F-E606-4AE9-B3C2-BBB384001D37.jpeg
25D990DB-938D-4B9B-9025-592092939EBF.jpeg
These are all awesome ideas and I really appreciate the input. I don’t post often here but I’ve used the hell out of this forum for a 81 hardtail build and I’m about to start on a 75 for a buddy. I am leaning towards bending them to fit the contour of the handle bars and then riveting them. Jump Street Customs also welded a Harley and XS650 kicker arm together so I could get the WW1 trench knife handle on as the kicker pedal. I hand cut the exhaust heat shield from bass tubing and filed / sanded it down.

Back