Front axle, hub and spacer dimensions 73 on

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
For Arctic who's doing an oddball swap. But may be useful for others.

front axle with ruler.jpg front axle dimensions 73 on.jpg

key words
34mm 35mm axle forks spacers speedometer drive speedo thickness mm length diameter
collar thread threads fork spacer

Your pic shows a TX750 style speedo drive (not painted, one locking tab for fork). They polish up nice. Was that used on early 650s too? I think you missed your calling. You would have made a fine cartoonist, lol.

Thanks Gary!
I was slightly misinformed regarding XS fork sliders on a RD 350 fork being a straight bolt on mod, allowing a 298 mm XS disc to be used on an RD. With these measurements, I'm sure I'll be able to make it work sometime in the future ☺ Thanks!

Your pic shows a TX750 style speedo drive (not painted, one locking tab for fork). They polish up nice. Was that used on early 650s too? I think you missed your calling. You would have made a fine cartoonist, lol.

Could be, those parts were just grabbed from the "front wheel tub"....

tnx 5t, even if you were funnin' me. Always been good with paper and pencil. Was a kitchen designer in a former life, I could do quickie freehand kitchen perspective drawings in 15 minutes. (before computer programs) Don't know how many times (100's?) a woman would leave with that drawing clutched in her hands saying that's it, that's the kitchen I want! and come back the next day with a $2,000 deposit.

You should be running that speedo drive on your new wheel. Like I said, they look nice .....

SpeedoDrive.jpg

TX750SpeedoDrive.jpg

Back