Front wheel swap.

wickermann

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all again,
I am looking to get an alloy XS650 single disc front wheel for my project. I am having trouble finding one here in England. I bought a back alloy wheel no problem.
I see a lot of Yamaha models run the same looking wheel but which ones are a direct fit in to XS650 447 forks. I can get XS500 and SR500 wheels ????
Is there a list of wheels available???
Thanks guys.
Dave.

By alloy wheel, do you mean a mag or the flanged alloy spoke rim? The SR wheel is a direct swap, the XS500 should be but I can't say for sure.

Here's a very good site for looking up parts and cross-referencing them. Click on either wheel listed and you'll get a list of all the models it came on. The 2nd wheel shows it used on the XS750 Special as well .....

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/1978/XS650SE-11/FRONT WHEEL/parts.html

Another part to look at would be the front axle. Bikes with the same axle probably use a wheel similar enough to work. From that list you gain the XS850 and 1100.

I've got one. If you want to find out how much shipping would be (fedex, ups whatever) i'll give it to ya.
What a gentleman, you may get a cheaper postage cost than me. It is really expensive from here.
Could you give me a quote???
I will pm you my address.
Thanks again.
Dave.

Dave, have you got pics of your front wheel? I have mags on mine and I HATE them!!! I want spokies, have you got spoked wheels??

I'm in the UK!:D

"Spokies", oh, I like that, lol. Is this more of that "Brit-Speak" stuff?

Dave, have you got pics of your front wheel? I have mags on mine and I HATE them!!! I want spokies, have you got spoked wheels??

I'm in the UK!:D
yes I have spokies !!!!! i have posted many pictures of my bike on here. At the top of the page click on pictures and I have pics there.
The wheels are in a bad way, need new spokes and rims but the hubs are perfect.
Willing to do a deal if required.
Dave.

Back