give a price?

wmarsh4

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this bike was running, how much would you pay for it? Has a clear matching title.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-22-16-48-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-22-16-48-21.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 153
If it's running and all things considered i.e., location of the bike, miles on the bike, etc, it should bring $6-800 (I did not add the word "cash" because that goes without saying) and I know some fine folks on this site may disagree, but there is an equal amount of fine folks on this site that will agree that these bikes are getting harder and harder to find. If you want to bring it back to stock, there is a ton of parts that builders are pulling off their bikes that can be purchased for near to nothing. I have headlight, signal lights, tank, fenders, side covers, gauges, tail lights, handlebars front and rear wheels for a bargain and I am only one of many.
This site is a great tool with some incredibly talented and generous enthusiast that are a pleasure to communicate with - 99.9% of my experiences on here have been great!!
Best of Luck!

Looks like a 73? Running, about 800 depending on details no photo can show. Could be a candidate for a resto but the list of needed parts looks like it will be long. As a custom? not so much because the 256 motors and early frames don't have as much aftermarket support. Not much from the later Specials would be of any use on an early bike.

If this bike was running, how much would you pay for it? Has a clear matching title.

Hi wmarsh,
if he asks a grand offer $500. Don't go higher than $800 unless you are really in love with it.
Betcha the tires are too old to be safe, the sprockets & chain are worn, the battery is dead and Oh my, those rototiller bars just gotta go.
Looks like about another $400 to get it street worthy and it still needs side covers and a paint job.

Back