Great Smoky Mountain Rendezvous #24

Yes, I'll be there and we already have about 10 other members confirmed!
logo650_960x240_zpsrx12f9jw.jpg

Hi desmoman it sounds like a fun time.
I guess just about anyone can come and ride? Do you have to be a Society member to ride with the group for the weekend?
Or is riding a XS650 the only requirement? Meaning I'm not showing up on the road couch, crotch rocket, beemer, goose or adventure bike but an xs650 in whatever configuration it may be. Chopper, bobber, tracker, street warrior or heaven forbid a stocker?
Other members of this forum (in the past) have expressed an interest in riding with other XS650's, this may be their chance.
Understandably they wouldn't be privy to room or other discounts offered to the Society members. But to meet up and ride?

How bout it? gggGary, grizld1, 5twins, punkskalar, Gordan in NC? jetmechmarty will you be healed in time? I know you(Marty) have plans for the next weekend with the XS1100 group.

Is anyone from MO riding over? It is less than 700 miles(one way).

I'm still mulling it over but leaning towards applying some of the lessons from Gordon's camping thread.
The little bride already rolled her eyes and that is the same as a yes.

Anyone riding anything is welcome! Newcomers on TX/XS650s get free beer too!
Chopper, bobber, tracker, street warriors are specially welcome to remove the stench of stockers (mine included!!) from the parking lot.
Event Headquarters: The Talley-Ho Inn. Highway 73 (off Lamar Alexander Parkway) Townsend, Tennessee, 800.448.2465.
www.talleyhoinn.com.
We will have a Thursday ride for the early birds. Book your rooms early for a great rate.Don't forget to mention 650 Society for the rally discount.
IMG_0971_zpsafd88997.jpg

NEW DATE!
September 14th – 17th, 2016 Great Smoky Mountain Rendezvous #24, Talley-Ho Inn, 8314 State –
Highway 73 (off Lamar Alexander Parkway) Townsend, Tennessee, 800.448.2465.
Event headquarters: The Talley Ho Inn – talleyhoinn.com .

We will have a Friday ride for the early birds. Register early for a great rate. Contact Camden Price #691, yamahashorty@yahoo.com. Great Smoky Mountain Rendezvous Coordinator, Tennessee State Member Coordinator 615.812. zero six five zero

well Doing a lake superior circle tour in august and the Barber vintage fest in oct. got to stay home now and then, remind the wife why it's better when I'm gone........ Full disclosure; I'm planning on riding this barge on both trips.

Attachments

• first ride.jpg
    first ride.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 196
Aw, come on, Gary, that bagger is just the thing for a brisk run down 129--ask any Hardly Ableson rider in North America, you'll see at least half of them at Deal's Gap! WR, my reservation's booked, hope to see you there.

I am planning to attend. I'll be staying at the Tally-Ho

I've been to this thing quite a few times. I believe I've been a time or two when no one was riding an XS650. I don't think you get run off for not being a Society member either. That being said, the Society can only get better if people join and participate. So, feel free to join up! I also encourage those who have one to bring their XS650 although it is not required. It's been a while since I brought mine. Perhaps I'll ride it up this time.

Anyone want to split a deluxe room? I will be by myself and the room has two beds.
I checked into tent/primitive camping locally there and the rates are $30-45 a night.
No free camping available.

Always! Weather changes fast in those hills, not just from minute to minute but from mile to mile.

In Paducah a light check says NO tail or brake light. Taking the lense off I found the bulb (superbrights led) laying in the lense.
Fitting it back and wiggling the nubs will slip out. SHITZEN!!! OK now to put some serious jury rigging on it. I got a catsup squeeze pack. Tore it into strips. Two thin strips placed over the nubs and inserted it seems to hold. . . I intended to make Nashville at least but I've pooped out. Time for a shower and stiff drink. Will give it a go tomorrow.
IMG_20160913_201459_573.jpg

Back