Help, Mini Keg E-Box

SpoogeMCMM

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So i have been trying to come up with something different for an electronics box that keeps my minimalist budget and i have this mini keg just sitting around

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/jlIAAOSwrklVYg~6/$_1.JPG

And i was thinking i could use that for my electronics box. I know a ton of you guys have done this, and i was wondering how you went about it. How did you mount your stuff, how did you mount it to the frame.

Additionally, I am running a kickstart only bike and only running head/tail light. So i was thinking i dont really need a full size battery am i right? What could i use instead of the stock big size battery to clean up the look of it and get a nice minimalist look??? Thanks guys for all your help!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Bump for advice on how to build keg E-box?

Hi Spooge,
yeah, that mini-keg's original décor just needs a good clearcoat to keep it looking nice.
Most likely the mini-keg's metal is thin enough to cut with kitchen scissors so no way can it be structural.
I'd say cut the top out with an electric can opener to leave an open bucket.
Make an internal structure from sturdy sheet steel that will slide into the mini-keg to mount the electrical parts.
The structure needs a circular aluminum end-piece for mounting the switches (a spot polished finish would look good on that) and it's internal structure should have a mounting plate that will touch the mini-keg's inside.
The mounting bolts will go through the mounting plate, the mini-keg's side wall and a keeper plate with nuts on the outside to sandwich it all together.
The bolts should be long enough to mount the E-box to the frame with rubber sheets each side to help stop the vibration shaking the electrics.

Back