Sold / Found / Inactive - Highway Peg Mounting Plate

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
DSC01730.JPG

I need one of these. Anyone have one lying around?

Untitled-1x.jpg

It is a mounting plate for this type of aftermarket XS650 highway peg. I'll buy the whole assembly, both sides, if necessary.

DSC01728.JPG

One of my plates was damaged when I got hit by a car while riding a couple of weeks ago...

DSC01729.JPG

...and is now compromised.

Was a low-speed accident. Very bad heel bruise on one foot, very bad sprain on other foot, but no broken bones. Could barley walk for a couple of days. Was able to kick-start and ride 13 days later.
sometime 1977 so slow that the chick simply stood up, but ankle bad sprain...oh, no problem... right. It hurts right now!

Thank you to Jim for the mount, but I also wanted to explain why I have highway pegs on my bike. I do NOT use them for their intended purpose – I find them very uncomfortable as foot rests.

They are there to protect the bike when it goes down. Which happens. Sometimes the bike falls over at rest, and sometimes it goes down while in motion. These highway pegs do a remarkable job protecting the bike when it goes over.

I was recently nudged over by a car while doing about 20 MPH. The only thing that absolutely HAD to be replaced on the side of the bike that hit the pavement was the speedometer. Other easily replaceable parts had minor road rash – mostly just the mirror and the driver foot peg. And, of course, the highway peg mount was ruined in the process of doing its job, protecting everything else.

Back