Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1688761164942.png

https://newatlas.com/motorcycles/all-titanium-motorcycle/

If thats a real car on the trailer, wieghing more than the bike; it an accident looking for a place to happen.

I'm no lover of Trikes; although some riders need them.
This one is a quality conversion; but LOOK AT TH WIDTH!
View attachment 246811
I understand the choice of rear tires and wheels was probably more for style than any thing else. But have to wonder how it handles in the curves with that skinny front tire trying to convince those two rears which way to go!

I understand the choice of rear tires and wheels was probably more for style than any thing else. But have to wonder how it handles in the curves with that skinny front tire trying to convince those two rears which way to go!
Never mind, touch that throttle and the front wheel ain't gonna be on the road anyhow.

Never mind, touch that throttle and the front wheel ain't gonna be on the road anyhow.
Very true! In that case maybe it should have independent rear brakes like my 1947 Farmall BN so at least you could encourage it to go where you wanted to go!

Just remembered I have heard of a few guys with sidecars that do just that. Separate brake peddles for the sidecar and the rear wheel of the bike. Going to the right with right mounted sidecar just a light touch on the sidecar brake makes it turn right easy. Same for the left turns but using the brake on the rear of the motorcycle. But they are mounted so if you need to one foot works them both!

An old school Harley shop was 1/2 mile from my childhood home, They sold Schwinn bikes too. Oil stained hardwood (creaky floor) Mix of a few new and several used Harleys. Sprints and this MX were in the mix. At 10 or 11 years old, I was certain I could dominate MX on that bike...
Harley.jpg

Back