Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

When motocross was an outdoor sport.
1662081912108.png

Saw an original '79 CBX up-close yesterday on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the "Trading Post" rest area. Talked with the owner (2nd) it was a really clean survivor, except for the period-correct Kerker 6into2.👍

Saw an original '79 CBX up-close yesterday on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the "Trading Post" rest area. Talked with the owner (2nd) it was a really clean survivor, except for the period-correct Kerker 6into2.👍
I remember the first time I saw one was in the 80s. Went into a motorcycle shop and they had one on a stand synching the carbs. I couldn't believe six cylinders crammed in a row like that but it was awesome. Big bucks nowadays.

I remember the first time I saw one was in the 80s. Went into a motorcycle shop and they had one on a stand synching the carbs. I couldn't believe six cylinders crammed in a row like that but it was awesome. Big bucks nowadays.
LOL. One of the topics we discussed was synching the carbs - a bitch - I told him: "I spent a week one day getting them right".

Not to mention setting 24 valves! 😳

Bucket and shim at that :yikes:
I set the bucket and shim valves on my XJ650RJ regularly for 50k miles. I had the tool to hold the valve open and an assortment of shims. My foggy memory suggests that rarely did I need to change more than 1 or 2 of the (only) 8.

Back