Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

1666624086341.png

Steve McQueen could ride a motorcycle, he was bloody good — so good that together with pals Bud and Dave Ekins, Cliff Coleman and John Steen he represented the United States of America at the 1964 International Six Day Trials (ISDT). That year ISDT took place Erfurt, East Germany. He worn Barbour International jacket which at the time was the motorcycle jacket used by almost all the British racer teams

1666624307002.png

Spent some time yesterday texting a guy about a 2009 Ulysses. 2800 miles all original with bags. Estate deal, the executor thought everything was worth gold, so no meeting of the "wallets". shrug.
The night before I had read a Peter Egan story about back roading a Ulysses from Wisconsin to West Virginia. Had whetted my appetite. Egan is a troublemaker!
1666625594848.png

Last edited:
Spent some time yesterday texting a guy about a 2009 Ulysses. 2800 miles all original with bags. Estate deal, the executor thought everything was worth gold, so no meeting of the "wallets". shrug.
The night before I had read a Peter Egan story about back roading a Ulysses from Wisconsin to West Virginia. Had whetted my appetite. Egan is a troublemaker!
View attachment 228270

I remember that article by Peter Egan as well. Didn’t he go on to own a couple of Ulysses’s? Anyways I got the chance to ride one at an international bike show once and thought it was a great bike. Even if the seat height was sky high! 😄

Well this IS interesting
View attachment 228299

I notice that a bicycle is wider (longer) than my FULL SIZE van!
@madmax-im

It was a long time since I got my Drivers License
But I am pretty sure the only rationality there If one can call it that -- when the drivers license gets revoked on sight at the roadside he can pedal Home.

mick71b, If that is the Shovelhead I think it is, I had the Easyrider issue that showed it. It was one good looking chopper. They didn't know much about the builder/owner.

Back